By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2013: Seattle Seahawks win Super Bowl XLVIII

Preseason voting: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Ravens 28 6.14%

Patriots 53 11.62%

Broncos 141 30.92%

Texans 9 1.97%

Other (AFC) 19 4.17%

49ers 32 7.02%

Falcons 5 1.10%

Packers 17 3.73%

Seahawks 101 22.15%

Other (NFC) 47 10.31%

Total:452
RolStoppable said:
arcane_chaos said:
Eli Manning is superior brother confirmed....But damn someone should've told the Broncos that there is a thing called defense in football

Pfff... Eli was on track to set a new NFL record for interceptions, but blew it in the end. Which is all the more embarrassing, considering how easy it is to throw interceptions.

Hey, say what you will about my G-men but Eli is 2-0 in Superbowl!!!(got to hold on to something )

Around the Network

I have to agree and even though Brady lost two also he is miles better.  Plus with Brady starting the Pats never lost that badly in the playoffs.

I am fucking speechless. After so much time.......

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

RolStoppable said:
Zelhawks37 said:
I am fucking speechless. After so much time.......

Oh please. This year was the first time that you could fully participate in the prediction league and you won the VGC Super Bowl in a convincing manner.

"After so much time", my ass...

Hahaha yes, that was totally what I was referring to. :)

A crafty pick wasted though. :(

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I don't watch football / handegg frequently, but even I can see the performance differences. This is a massacre.

Oh and WTF is wrong with the audience?! Half of the stadium should be singing and jumping already. Very bad atmosphere.

The Super Bowl is played at a neutral site and tickets are extremely expensive, so usually there are not many fans of either team at the game.  A lot of tickets are bought by corporations, so you end up with a lot of people who are not fans of either team.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Never doubted my Hawks. I knew from the start that Broncos were seriously overrated. Any NFC West team could've beat them here. So proud of my city and so happy I get to be part of history. Go hawks!

Congrats to the Seahawks on the the SB win. I was disappointed that my 49ers couldn't make it past them in the NFC championship game, but at least the Seahawks showed that the NFC (West) is superior. Did Denver forget to show up for the game?

Looking forward to the 49ers-Seahawks rematch games next season.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

That was hands down the best thing I've seen in a long time. I've been pretty fortunate, as a football fan, in the span from 2009-2013, to see my top three teams (including my #1 team, the Ravens) win SBs, and to be able to see my three most hated teams/quarterbacks lose SBs. In Manning's case, he's lost twice in that span, and both to teams I really wanted to see get their first Lombardi trophies. And quite frankly, as a longtime Ravens fan, who always had to see my team somehow lose to Peyton Manning (except for last year's playoffs), it was cathartic and wholly enjoyable to see the "greatest QB ever" (not even close) play such a lousy, sorry excuse for a game, and get totally embarrassed on worldwide tv.

What can I say? The only thing that comes even close to seeing your team win the SB, is seeing teams you really hate lose them. And it makes it even better when they lose badly. No one can claim the refs helped the Seahawks, or that somehow the Broncos got "screwed". Nope. They just didn't come to play, and Seattle REALLY came to play. The Broncos were pretty horrible in all three phases of the game, and it showed.

Congrats to Seattle fans, and here's to a great 2014 season!

DevilRising said:
That was hands down the best thing I've seen in a long time. I've been pretty fortunate, as a football fan, in the span from 2009-2013, to see my top three teams (including my #1 team, the Ravens) win SBs, and to be able to see my three most hated teams/quarterbacks lose SBs. In Manning's case, he's lost twice in that span, and both to teams I really wanted to see get their first Lombardi trophies. And quite frankly, as a longtime Ravens fan, who always had to see my team somehow lose to Peyton Manning (except for last year's playoffs), it was cathartic and wholly enjoyable to see the "greatest QB ever" (not even close) play such a lousy, sorry excuse for a game, and get totally embarrassed on worldwide tv.

What can I say? The only thing that comes even close to seeing your team win the SB, is seeing teams you really hate lose them. And it makes it even better when they lose badly. No one can claim the refs helped the Seahawks, or that somehow the Broncos got "screwed". Nope. They just didn't come to play, and Seattle REALLY came to play. The Broncos were pretty horrible in all three phases of the game, and it showed.

Congrats to Seattle fans, and here's to a great 2014 season!

Thank you kindly (hawks fan). Hopefully 2014 is a good year to be a Nintendo fan too! :)