By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366
kowenicki said:
Excellent. Well played Mr Beer.

He is right, they are a pair of bitchy whiners who need to grow up and stop acting like kids.

Aw, you're only saying that because they both dislike MS.  I bet if they made nothing but Xbox One exclusives you would be saying something different. 

@ OP

What I find ridiculous about this situation is what started Marcus Beer off.  Because Fish wouldn't make a comment about MS new indie policy?  Really?  That's actually a lie on Beer's part.  Fish had Tweeted several comments about it.  Basically, that he wanted to see it in action and not just take MS's word for it.  As he and MS's word don't seem to have a good track record together.  So, is Beer mad because Fish wouldn't personally respond to him?  That's quite egotistical.

Also, people shouldn't get too worked up about the "kill yourself" tweet.  He was just qouting Bender, as Fish obviously likes Futurama.  A little harsh, but he wasn't being serious.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

He is right, they are a pair of bitchy whiners who need to grow up and stop acting like kids.

Aw, you're only saying that because they both dislike MS.  I bet if they made nothing but Xbox One exclusives you would be saying something different. 

@ OP

What I find ridiculous about this situation is what started Marcus Beer off.  Because Fish wouldn't make a comment about MS new indie policy?  Really?  That's actually a lie on Beer's part.  Fish had Tweeted several comments about it.  Basically, that he wanted to see it in action and not just take MS's word for it.  As he and MS's word don't seem to have a good track record together.  So, is Beer mad because Fish wouldn't personally respond to him?  That's quite egotistical.

Also, people shouldn't get too worked up about the "kill yourself" tweet.  He was just qouting Bender, as Fish obviously likes Futurama.  A little harsh, but he wasn't being serious.

That really isn't it at all. For one, it wasn't Beer who had asked Fish for comments, it was other news outlets. And Fish did tweet about it, but only after he'd already publicly rebuked those news outlets for asking him about it. That's what he was criticizing Fish for.

As far as the "kill yourself" part, that really doesn't excuse it. At all. If he had quoted a threat, for instance, would you be telling people not to get so worked up about it?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Also, this: http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I think it's a whole bunch of drama. He seems hurt, but also didn't he say he HATES Microsoft then shortly said he was fixing Fez?

He may have enough money to retire, or other things he can do. I don't know, but I think he will be back.

He just needs someone to baby sit/manage him like some people have to do with rock/move stars.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Mythmaker1 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

@ OP

That really isn't it at all. For one, it wasn't Beer who had asked Fish for comments, it was other news outlets. And Fish did tweet about it, but only after he'd already publicly rebuked those news outlets for asking him about it. That's what he was criticizing Fish for.

As far as the "kill yourself" part, that really doesn't excuse it. At all. If he had quoted a threat, for instance, would you be telling people not to get so worked up about it?

Do you have links to these rebukings?  And considering it's from a stinking cartoon, I think that does excuse it for the most part.  He didn't seriously want the guy to go kill himself.

Around the Network

These prima-donna indies are more trouble than they're worth.

thismeintiel said:
Mythmaker1 said:
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

@ OP

Do you have links to these rebukings?  And considering its's from a stinking cartoon, I think that does excuse it for the most part.  He didn't seriously want the guy to go kill himself.

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/90323/fez-2-possibly-cancelled-after-huge-twitter-row/

It took me all of two seconds to find that. Couldn't you have just gotten it yourself instead of asking me to get it for you?

I don't think you understand the concept of this whole "civil conduct" thing. The fact you are unironically quoting a line when you tell someone they should kill themselves doesn't suddenly make it cool. Especially if they don't understand the reference and fail to get the "joke."

For instance, if I were to get into a heated argument with someone on a forum, and then at the end I typed a death threat that came from a movie, I imagine it would be pretty awkward, wouldn't you say? Of course the fact it's a quote makes it perfectly alright...

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

curl-6 said:
Good riddance. Phil Fish is a fuckhead and a the industry is better off without him.

define fuckhead. do you mean he fucks with his head? or that his head gets fucked? or do you mean his head is a "fuck" as it is a fucking object and that object somehow is the fuck itself?

please be more detailed and explain your posts properly 

Have to feel sorry for Phil Fish, getting out of the public spotlight is the right move tho.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

bananaking21 said:
curl-6 said:
Good riddance. Phil Fish is a fuckhead and a the industry is better off without him.

define fuckhead. do you mean he fucks with his head? or that his head gets fucked? or do you mean his head is a "fuck" as it is a fucking object and that object somehow is the fuck itself?

please be more detailed and explain your posts properly 

He fucks with his own head by instigating abuse wars he can't cope with. ;)