By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366

Lol they are acting so childish....They will never be respected again.

Around the Network

If anybody was wondering what the Japanese comment people has been talking about from Phil Fish and Johnathon Blow here it is.  To be fair, Blow said what he said in a much better manner and tried to be instructive.  Fish on the other hand just seemed rude and the guy laughing hysterically  didnt help.

In all honesty though, FEZ is a good game though.  Even if he is a jerk FEZ was good and hopefully he doesnt leave the industry.  Just improve his attitude a little and maybe apologize for some of his comments.

Good riddance, i'm so glad i don't have to hear his bullshit anymore. It's time he grew up. What he said about his supporters is one thing, but you don't tell someone to kill themselves ever. Just shows how pathetic he is that he closed his twitter.
I wonder how many more people we will get like this, this year.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Never liked this prick. Glad it has come to this.

Its just Phil Fish throwing yet another tantrum. He will be back, and be just as arrogant and short tempered as usual, moaning about the industry which he keeps coming back to.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

If anybody was wondering what the Japanese comment people has been talking about from Phil Fish and Johnathon Blow here it is.  To be fair, Blow said what he said in a much better manner and tried to be instructive.  Fish on the other hand just seemed rude and the guy laughing hysterically  didnt help.

In all honesty though, FEZ is a good game though.  Even if he is a jerk FEZ was good and hopefully he doesnt leave the industry.  Just improve his attitude a little and maybe apologize for some of his comments.

Wow. I knew about this, but never watched the video. What a bunch of pricks. At least Blow tried to be instructive...

JayWood2010 said:

yeah that's what made him "famous" and when most people heard the first time about him. 

i mean, he can say that if he wants and if he thinks that this is the way to speak with other people but he really wonders that people say all the time to him that fez sucks? when he says japanese games suck it should be everyones right to tell him that his game sucks if they think so.

i still think this is only pr for him and his games and that fez 2 isn't cancelled. he just wants to get as much attention as possible and it will surely help the sales of his games but if he will really leave this industry because some people treat him like he treats other people it is really a big joke.

if you are disrespectful to other people you should also be able to handle when people do they same to you.

can't handle the fire,then get out of the kitchen. lol

Weird... don't care about either guy but all I can think reading the original post was that this Beer guy is a knob, he should get over himself. So what if Fish didn't want to comment on MS's Self-Publishing stance... let him not comment.

Of course Fish reaction is nothing to be desired but maybe he just feels insulted (and rightly so) and he apparently isn't getting an apology any times soon. It's a shame if the game really is cancelled, and all because journalists couldn't get their way.

Hmm, pie.

I can only hope he leaves the industry. I view him on the same level as I view Pachter.