By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366
ganoncrotch said:
sweet jesus I've never felt so good about laughing out loud at another human in sometime. If you've watched Indie Game:The Movie you'd see that this Fish guy is all sorts of fucked up in the head. I do absolutely love how he turned around to the guy and told him to go kill himself, then later said that he had to understand that the guy had hurt his feelings by insulting some of the people who might play his game?! so he got so offended for someone else that he told someone to end their life. Awesome.

Laughing at a guy's mental health issues, classy...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
zarx said:
ganoncrotch said:
sweet jesus I've never felt so good about laughing out loud at another human in sometime. If you've watched Indie Game:The Movie you'd see that this Fish guy is all sorts of fucked up in the head. I do absolutely love how he turned around to the guy and told him to go kill himself, then later said that he had to understand that the guy had hurt his feelings by insulting some of the people who might play his game?! so he got so offended for someone else that he told someone to end their life. Awesome.

Laughing at a guy's mental health issues, classy...

Pretty much, while he is flaunting it for all the world to see just how much of a fucking eejit he is I'm afraid I'm going to laugh at it, someone this nuts should be in a nice padded room for himself and most certainly not on a global network such as twitter. Will do him well to get out of the industry, was clear since before the alpha versions of Fez he couldn't hack the deadlines and pressure.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JayWood2010 said:

If anybody was wondering what the Japanese comment people has been talking about from Phil Fish and Johnathon Blow here it is.  To be fair, Blow said what he said in a much better manner and tried to be instructive.  Fish on the other hand just seemed rude and the guy laughing hysterically  didnt help.

In all honesty though, FEZ is a good game though.  Even if he is a jerk FEZ was good and hopefully he doesnt leave the industry.  Just improve his attitude a little and maybe apologize for some of his comments.

Thanks for posting this video, Jay. I had read a transcript of the dialogue but I'd never actually seen the video before.

The thing is, if Fish had just limited his "Japanese games suck" remark to Twitter or something I wouldn't give two shits about it. He's certainly entitled to his opinion and some of the issues he brought up, like Zelda and long tutorials, are good ones.

Instead, he was obnoxiously rude to this man asking a question which was completely unwarranted not to mention egotistical. That's why the comparison to Kamiya that someone mentioned before is absurd; to my knowledge Kamiya has never been that ignorant in person to one of his peers in this fashion.

Bottom line: Fish is free to speak as he likes, but don't whine and throw a tantrum when you get flack back.

pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:
pokoko said:

Then he should only criticize those two people.  They hardly represent all small developers.  The very idea is ridiculous.  Mass generalization based on a few people is never an intelligent thing.

The major of indie developers aren't anything special?  True, but neither are the majority of large developers, either.  That fact does absolutely nothing to wipe out the ones who ARE special.  I'd feel like a fool if I wished the dozens of excellent indie developers would go away just because a couple of guys insulted Microsoft.

Am i criticizing every indie developer?  No, Im criticizing Phil and Blow for being jerks while other indie developers are doing a good job and keeping their mouths shut.

You are reading way out of the lines on my comments and are assuming things.  When Phil Phish called everybody nerds on a public service was when i lost all respect for him.

Doing a good job and keeping their mouths shut?  Seriously?  So small developers aren't allowed to speak out?  They have to just take it?  Seriously, what the hell?  Damn, man.  I think out opinions here are going to be WAY WAY FAR apart, as I think they have just as much right to voice their opinions as you.  

So you have no problem with the comments Fish made about Japanese developers?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Im with Team Beer: he raised a legit point on how Phil is quick to bash MS when it suits him, yet stays silent when they reverse their policies.

On the plus side (as a Xbox fan), I don't have to worry about Fez 2 releasing on PS4/PC and not X1 ;)

Phil always struck me as a hipster with a inability to cope with authority. In the gaming industry, with more poltics every day, he just can't adapt.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

How I love these things lol.

What's everybodies definition of a hipster?

Xxain said:

What's everybodies definition of a hipster?

Seems like no one knows.

But hey! It's the "in" thing to say right now.