By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Fish gets butthurt.. cancels FEZ II - Update: Leaves games industry

FTW

Team Beer 240 65.04%

Team Fish 126 34.15%

Total:366
yo_john117 said:

My God I really dislike some of these immature, annoying indie developers. Cancelling a game because he got offended is probably the most absurd things I've heard in weeks (but much like the drama queens on Facebook that unfriend you every time you offend them and then friend you back in the next couple of day, I have a feeling he won't really cancel the game).

I do agree with you but I also like how these indie developers aren't afraid to speak their minds. I think it will be a stupid move for him to alter his career because of critics or how someone else feels. People are going to always have an option but it should knock you from your trajectory. 

"I support the industry that's why I rock with all of the Big 3!"

Around the Network

Why does it feel to me that very time Fish says anything to the public it he seems like a kid throwing a tantrum?

Good riddance anyway. At least there won't be a FEZ 2. The first one sucked balls.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. That AnnoyedGamer guy is an idiot as well.

Fish is a real piece of work. It really shows what type of person you are when you can dish it out, but you can't take it yourself.

KylieDog said:
curl-6 said:
Good riddance. Phil Fish is a fuckhead and a the industry is better off without him.

...says the person with a Bayonetta signature.  Like Kamiya is any better.

Kamiya's not a talentless hack who goes around saying all developers from a certain country "suck".

Dude obviously isn't stable enough to handle the public pressure on him. The worst part is he really does bring it on himself. If he wanted to wait, he could have explained that. Don't want to be bothered by the press? Don't talk to them at any time and they wont know how to reach you.

Around the Network

If you can't take the heat...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

They both sound like jackasses

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

So he decided to leave the industry because of one opinion about him from some asshat. Wow is all I have to say and it's clear that Fish is not fit for this industry nor any other industry that requires maturity and integrity. If he ever decides to crawl back to videogames, he should not be surprised if no one wants to work nor support him.

At first I felt kind of sorry for the guy, but then I remembered who he was and all his past BS. Bleh.

edit: nevermind. I got up to speed.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5