By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There isn't much marginal benefit in Nintendo buying Atlus.

osed125 said:
Xxain said:

Nintendo has done almost nothing with Monolithsoft and that is a truly talented developer and given proper resources they could create something to rival FF.

Does Monolithsoft have been with Nintendo that long to make a lot of games? Don't know when Nintendo bought them but they made Xenobale which I imagine took all of their manpower and 'X' is probably the same. Those are pretty big games which take a lot of time and money to make. 

Or Xenoblade being named "best RPG of the generation" by a lot of gamers doesn't count for anything?

Your right, Xenoblade is a awesome JRPG. Why didnt Nintendo treat like that? We almost did not get to experience it.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

I not sure what the hype around Nintendo buying Atlus is about. It's not a good idea. Nintendo has proven time and time again they do not care about RPG's not tied to popular brands.

We had to beg for The Last Story by popular designer Hirinobu Sakaguchi.

Nintendo has done almost nothing with Monolithsoft and that is a truly talented developer and given proper resources they could create something to rival FF.
Monolithsoft have not been with Nintendo for that long.

Nintendo take's the RPG Paper Mario.. then removes the RPG!?

They nearly cancelled the Fire Emblem series
Because the series always sold poorly

Where Earthbound/Mother? The Wii U release is the first thing in years to happen to the series.
Itoi has said that the story is DONE with the Mother series

Seriously! Ask yourselves. Do you want Nintendo to buy Atlus? I damn sure dont.

Xxain said:
osed125 said:
Xxain said:

Does Monolithsoft have been with Nintendo that long to make a lot of games? Don't know when Nintendo bought them but they made Xenobale which I imagine took all of their manpower and 'X' is probably the same. Those are pretty big games which take a lot of time and money to make. 

Or Xenoblade being named "best RPG of the generation" by a lot of gamers doesn't count for anything?

Your right, Xenoblade is a awesome JRPG. Why didnt Nintendo treat like that? We almost did not get to experience it.

And that's problem of Nintendo themselves and not what they are doing with Monolith. Nintendo let them do what they wanted (or at least I think they did).

Nintendo is a weird company, they published the game in Europe, but decided not to in the U.S. My personal theory is that Nintendo of America for some reason took waaaay to long to decide if they wanted to published the game in America or not, and by that time the game was already pirated to no end. Heck according to this the game was downloaded illegally nearly 1 million times in 2011, not really a huge incentive for Nintendo, and probably the reason why Xseed made a limited print of the game.

I think Xenobalde is one of the very very few cases where the illegal downloads are much higher than the actual sales.

Nintendo and PC gamer

The reason I want Ninty to buy Atlus is because Ninty don't have enough studios as it is, are sitting on stupid amounts of money and the third party don't support them so may as well just go it alone with all the money they have and force themselves to the top of the pile each generation with the onslaught of games they should be able to release with the money they have.

Granted they should be expanding into the west more rather than getting yet another Japanese developer but starting up a couple of European EAD's and a couple of American EAD's which would help the versatility of Nintendo by better incorporating European and American cultures, which is why I think Sony's first party development teams as a whole is better than Nintendo's

Xxain said:

I not sure what the hype around Nintendo buying Atlus is about. It's not a good idea. Nintendo has proven time and time again they do not care about RPG's not tied to popular brands.
And yet they are investing in SMT through the 30$ eShop Deal and publishing IV in Europe and SMT X FE !

They already learned their lesson: Fire Emblem X SMT and X are confirmed for the West !

Xenosaga in incredibly mediocre, only the third game is really good ! Xenoblade is lauded as one of if not the best JRPG this gen and Nintendo seems to have given them a pretty big budget for X

Nintendo take's the RPG Paper Mario.. then removes the RPG!?
This was only because Mario and Luigi Dream Team was already in the works and they didn´t want two nealy identical games on the same platform releasing only 6 months apart !

They nearly cancelled the Fire Emblem series

They put the creators under minimal pressure ! 250k globally for Fire Emblem is a laughably small goal to reach !
Where Earthbound/Mother? The Wii U release is the first thing in years to happen to the series.

Shigesato Itoi doen´t wont to make a Mother 4, the fact that they finally released Earthbound on the VC SHOWS that they care about their customers/listened

Seriously! Ask yourselves. Do you want Nintendo to buy Atlus? I damn sure dont.

I want them to buy Atlus !

You post reeks of bullshit !

see bold

Around the Network
Xxain said:

That was fucking old Nintendo of America´s fault ! NoE gave it to us without us needing to beg for it !

The old CEO of Nintendo of America is gone, Iwata runs the show now ! There is no need to worry about that, he will bring the games over !

Heck, Iwata specifically stated they he WANTS to help bring japanese games overseas !

Xxain said:

Man, you sure didn't play Xenoblade. If you did, I'm sorry you seem to think FF is better than it, that must be hard for you.

The Last Story was a victim of circumstance, being released so close to the end of the Wii's life. It almost met the same fate as Mother 3, for the same reasons. Maybe you haven't heard that Nintendo is the one pushing Square's lazy ass to bring Bravely Default to the West?

If a first party company did get Atlus I'd prefer it be Nintendo who gets them.

the_dengle said:
Xxain said:

Man, you sure didn't play Xenoblade. If you did, I'm sorry you seem to think FF is better than it, that must be hard for you.

The Last Story was a victim of circumstance, being released so close to the end of the Wii's life. It almost met the same fate as Mother 3, for the same reasons. Maybe you haven't heard that Nintendo is the one pushing Square's lazy ass to bring Bravely Default to the West?

On sales, popularity level. I think Xenoblade is better than anything that SE has put out this generation.

Xxain said:
the_dengle said:

On sales, popularity level. I think Xenoblade is better than anything that SE has put out this generation.

That's a job that not even the biggest marketing push will ever going to do. 

FF is a franchise that has been around since the NES days. Some of those games were the reason people got into RPGs and in some cases became their favorite genre. The brand name alone will be practically be impossible to beat, probably not even close sales wise. Unless Square makes a colossal failure bigger than FF XIII and stops making this games.

Nintendo and PC gamer