By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There isn't much marginal benefit in Nintendo buying Atlus.

Instead of the title being called "There isn't much marginal benefit in Nintendo buying Atlus."

Be called "There is much marginal benefit in Nintendo buying Atlus."

lol

Around the Network
osed125 said:

That's a job that not even the biggest marketing push will ever going to do. 

FF is a franchise that has been around since the NES days. Some of those games were the reason people got into RPGs and in some cases became their favorite genre. The brand name alone will be practically be impossible to beat, probably not even close sales wise. Unless Square makes a colossal failure bigger than FF XIII and stops making this games.

Have you heard from the colossal failure that was the original launch of FF XIV

Nintendo buying Altus is like Sony buying Sqaure Enix.

My comment didn't make sense did it?

+Nintendo would get Atlus of america, which would make their localization Team even bigger !

gooch_destroyer said:

You can have Square if we get Atlus

Around the Network
orniletter said:
gooch_destroyer said:

You can have Square if we get Atlus

If we can get Persona and you get Final Fantasy. lol

But what'll leave the Microsoft fanbase then?

gooch_destroyer said:

....they can have...uhhh FF XIII :D

osed125 said:
Xxain said:
the_dengle said:

Man, you sure didn't play Xenoblade. If you did, I'm sorry you seem to think FF is better than it, that must be hard for you.

The Last Story was a victim of circumstance, being released so close to the end of the Wii's life. It almost met the same fate as Mother 3, for the same reasons. Maybe you haven't heard that Nintendo is the one pushing Square's lazy ass to bring Bravely Default to the West?

On sales, popularity level. I think Xenoblade is better than anything that SE has put out this generation.

That's a job that not even the biggest marketing push will ever going to do. 

FF is a franchise that has been around since the NES days. Some of those games were the reason people got into RPGs and in some cases became their favorite genre. The brand name alone will be practically be impossible to beat, probably not even close sales wise. Unless Square makes a colossal failure bigger than FF XIII and stops making this games.

Not immediately, but overtime. Final Fantasy didnt start off megahuge and neither did Monster Hunter, but publisher backing and alotted time, resource's and marketing and now look at them. I think it's definitely possible for Monolithsoft to create something as big as FF they're given the chance

orniletter said:
gooch_destroyer said:

deal! Kingdom hearts, you wanna share?

gooch_destroyer said:
orniletter said:
gooch_destroyer said:

deal! Kingdom hearts, you wanna share?

Yeah :D !