Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite fighting games

Tagged games:

Kyuu said:
1) Tekken 3
2) Tekken 5 DR
3) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
4) Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
5) Soul Blade/Soul Edge

I loved that game too. The first fighter I played with such a dark story (aside from the Samurai Showdown games). I played with most characters but my main was this guy.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Has anybody played games like Samurai Showdown?

Kyuu said:
Weedlab said:
Kyuu said:
1) Tekken 3
2) Tekken 5 DR
3) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
4) Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
5) Soul Blade/Soul Edge

I loved that game too. The first fighter I played with such a dark story (aside from the Samurai Showdown games). I played with most characters but my main was this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh_f0vEK0M

Now that's nostalgic! The game is definitely one of the best fighting games I played, great music, solid gameplay mechanics, unique atmosphere, and one badass opening!

I enjoyed using Li Long, Siegfried and Taki.

haha dude that's my favorite theme from that game. I fought against Seung Mina so much there in the story mode that I tend to associate this song with a 3 or 4 hit combo she spams sometimes lol

Thos eare all fine characters too. Siegfried and Li Long got a lot of play from me. Seig is the only character I played with consistently thorough out the whole series. I like how he evolved. The Seigfried part of Nightmare is what brought me to him, but when he was split Nightmare didn't seem as useful to me again.

Maybe in this order:

Smash Bros Melee
Streetfighter II Turbo
Smash Bros Brawl
Soul Caliber 2
Virtua Fighter 2

Don't really like fighting games but I love Super Smash Bros. on the N64. I just played it an hour ago! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

You know what needs an update? Boshido Blade.

Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram. I want to be buried with that game.

King of Fighters and Blazblue are two of my favorites and the ones I can play/compete in the best.

But all time, probably has to Samurai Shodown, so much love for that series although the last game suck monkey butt. They rarely could get much outside of the storyline good since SSIV and some would argue since Samurai Shodown 2.

When I was young, it was Super Street Fighter II and Street Fighter II Turbo. But since the N64, it has been the Smash Bros. franchise.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
When I was young, it was Super Street Fighter II and Street Fighter II Turbo. But since the N64, it has been the Smash Bros. franchise.

Good choice in my view. Smash is my favorite. It is deep yet accessible, and most of all fun.