By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite fighting games

Tagged games:

Tekken 3, Melee, and the most recent MK. In no particular order.

Edit: And Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Can't believe I almost forgot about that glorious game!

Around the Network
Player2 said:

Super Street Fighter II

Soul Calibur II

The Last Blade II

Probably Super Street Fighter IV, but I haven't played enough with it.

GC version of SC2 I loved. Smoother framerate than the PS2 and it had Link which was more interesting than Heihachi. Spawn was kool, but I didn't like how he was implemented.

SSF2 I find a great game. Best SF game to date imo.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Has anybody played these fighters? They are less well known.

Have you guys ever heard of Killer Instinct and Virtua Fighter?
Just read 1rst and 2nd 5th page and there was not mention of those 2 franchises.

Also, MK3 the only fighting game that best implemented running.

Tao Feng, I heard about it and people that played it loved it but ever since Xbox OG it dropped off the grid.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Have you guys ever heard of Killer Instinct and Virtua Fighter?
Just read 1rst and 2nd 5th page and there was not mention of those 2 franchises.

Also, MK3 the only fighting game that best implemented running.

VF is a great series. I personally loved VF4 a lot. I have 5 there as well.

MK3 and trilogy are my favorite after the new one. Great times in the arcade with those 2. KI is great too. Played Gold a lot back in the day.

Here's another XBOX OG game. It was kool. Not exceptionally great but solid.

1. KI and KI2
2. MK2
3. Newest MK
4. MK DA
5. SF2T

1. Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Smash Bros Melee
4. Capcom vs SNK 2
5. Soul Calibur 2
6. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
7. Power Stone

Weedlab said:

A very fine list indeed. As you rightly pointed out Tekken is a great series, and in my view Tekken 5 is BY FAR the best one in the series. I’m not suggesting the others were poor or anything, but that’s just a testament to the awesomeness that is Tekken 5. Tekken 3 was the best PS1 version and I liked Tag because it tried to do something new and succeeded. Tekken 6 was a letdown – for various reasons. It was not bad game – just a disappointment. I have not tried TTT 2 yet. I am about to order it now that it is cheap. I’ve had too many games to keep up with so I decided to wait on that one a bit.

You have a fine choice in Tekken characters, although my main choice, Lee Chaolan, while he's been improved, in recent games, he hasn't translated as well as others.

This whole thread has made me think, most new fighters at the moment are 2.5D games, or 2D. There haven't been any real new 3D fighters for a long time now (I don't know a single one). We have Soul series, Tekken, Dead or Alive and VF (last of those was a while ago)... that's it. I'd like a new 3D fighter to appear or at least Capcom to have faith and revamp an old one, Rival Schools or Star Gladiator (my personal preference is that latter). In terms od 3D fighters the genre is extremely stale, you don't have much choice.

Hmm, pie.

TheBlackNaruto said:

when you learn what moves punish others best and what to look out for the games(T6 and TTT2) are two of the best in the series! Loads of fun, some folks just taking the games way to seriously lol.

Some punish moves are far easier to perform with certain characters, Lee doesn't have the same ease of moves especially those that benefit the juggling system. Much to my annoyance.

That said on the seriousness, I have a friend, he bought Tekken Tag 2, he's not really a Tekken player. He wasn't really playing the game though, me and others came from Tekken 3 and carried on but he didn't, he essentially was learning a combo string perfectly instead of learning to play the game. His idea, as long as he hits the first part, the rest is just a sequence of buttons. I can't play like that, you have to recognise if your opponant is changing their play because of yours or exploit their weaknesses. He wasn't a great player but would be very frustrated when he lost against our button mashing friends. I could beat them all easily because I know the game.

Hmm, pie.