Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Gears of War Revival on the Xbox One

Munkeh111 said:
So a pendulum wars era game?

This has been rumoured for ages and I still think it is a bad idea, takes away much of the fun of Gears I feel


I didn't buy Judgment, I felt it was unnecessary, but there are a lot of key battles during the Pendulum Wars that could make a fun game (plus Marcus and Dom are actually there is time which helps >.>).



Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:
Munkeh111 said:
So a pendulum wars era game?

This has been rumoured for ages and I still think it is a bad idea, takes away much of the fun of Gears I feel

I didn't buy Judgment, I felt it was unnecessary, but there are a lot of key battles during the Pendulum Wars that could make a fun game (plus Marcus and Dom are actually there is time which helps >.>).

Judgement returned some things which had been missing, like emergence holes, but was definitely unnecessary (though still a fun game)

There are a lot of battles, but I like humans vs locust, humans vs humans just isn't as exciting



Ok seriously? don't do another prequel, if your going to do another Gears of War game just put the number 4 at the end of it. I know that is hard to do with how Gears 3 left off but hey that's why they get paid to come up with new and interesting stories.



I hope this is true, Epic has been really quiet lately. They didn't even show off Unreal 4 running on the Xbox One yet, which is worrisome. Good to hear they may have a game to show off with the reveal of the engine (On that platform).



"With the right development and direction, a new Gears of War game could revitalize the franchise as well as giving gamers even more of a reason to purchase."

Where could this franchise possibly go after the ending in Gears 3? Since half the studio left after Gears 1-3, I feel like this is MS just trying to take advantage of an established IP. I think they should let it go though, as a hardcore Gears fan, I don't want to see this franchise get butchered.



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

"Shotguns and curve stomps!"



LemonSlice said:
Why were the sales of the last Gears of War and God of War games so bad?

Because they were both unambitious, unnecessary sequels/prequels and everyone could see that.

At this point, maybe next gen graphics+physics can revive both franchises but I think people want new worlds+characters.



Michael-5 said:

"With the right development and direction, a new Gears of War game could revitalize the franchise as well as giving gamers even more of a reason to purchase."

Where could this franchise possibly go after the ending in Gears 3? Since half the studio left after Gears 1-3, I feel like this is MS just trying to take advantage of an established IP. I think they should let it go though, as a hardcore Gears fan, I don't want to see this franchise get butchered.


The only possibly thing I could like is a spin-off totally focused on multiplayer (like Battlefield 2). But adding more unnecessary things to the story, which already ended and closed in the third entry, is a big mistake.



LemonSlice said:
Why were the sales of the last Gears of War and God of War games so bad?

No one likes prequels. They are just milking these IP at this point.



I would have bet money that the Samaritan demo was going to be a new Xbox exclusive IP. Hope I'm not wrong.