By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Gears of War Revival on the Xbox One

CGI-Quality said:
bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:
tuscaniman99 said:
I would have bet money that the Samaritan demo was going to be a new Xbox exclusive IP. Hope I'm not wrong.

Samaritan is likely real, just not Xbox One exclusive. Epic said all of their upcoming games will be ports from the PC, so, at the very least, it will also be there.

could you give a source for that (if it isnt too much trouble)

so all their next games will be on PC as well? 

Certainly: http://www.oxm.co.uk/58221/epic-looks-forward-to-a-multiplatform-future-tim-sweeney-talks-next-gen-changes/

Key part: "Increasingly we can think about building one game and shipping it on every platform that's appropriate," Sweeney said. "We're now thinking about building all of our games, looking first at PC as a platform, then porting and supporting console platforms with the same game, eventually porting it down to tablets where the control scheme is appropriate, and also porting and running it on the web."

really interesting. i hope that their AAA game they talked about is multiplate. it will be interesting to see epic branch out as well into developing more than one game at a time. maybe if they are successful they would start publishing their own games. 

Around the Network
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

"With the right development and direction, a new Gears of War game could revitalize the franchise as well as giving gamers even more of a reason to purchase."

Where could this franchise possibly go after the ending in Gears 3? Since half the studio left after Gears 1-3, I feel like this is MS just trying to take advantage of an established IP. I think they should let it go though, as a hardcore Gears fan, I don't want to see this franchise get butchered.

The only possibly thing I could like is a spin-off totally focused on multiplayer (like Battlefield 2). But adding more unnecessary things to the story, which already ended and closed in the third entry, is a big mistake.

No closing the story arc was a great move in Gears 3. Not every franchise needs to see biannual iterations. What they should have done, if anything, was make a different story arc during the first 3 games, so they could make a very different trilogy in the future (like what Mass Effect is doing).

To be honest, I'd rather see Epic shift to a new IP, and be done with Gears, or really cut down on the rate Gears games release. Naughty Dog made The Last of Us, and I think Epic should do something similar to push the Unreal 4 engine.

Plus there is always room for a sequel, Super Metroid ended with the destruction of the last Metroid, yet we still saw Metroid Fusion.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Well, I read the pre E-day novels, and if they do it right, there is a ton of potential in the Pendulum Wars.

And even if it won't ever recapture the sales of 1-3, itll still be higher then most exclusives on rival platforms

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I could live with the Pendulum Wars XD Really hope this is true. Love gears, though ill miss Marcus Fenix :/

JustThatGamer said:
daredevil.shark said:
Both gears of war and god of war needs to die. I dont like too many sequels. I want new IP instead of rehash.

No they don't you selfish person, if you don't want any more from both series then simply never buy another game from both series again. You don't have to insult both incredibly popular and acclaimed franchises just because the latest prequels nobody asked for underperformed critically and commercially. There's plenty of life in both series and they have many millions of fans and are PS's 1st biggest story driven franchise & Xbox's 2nd biggest franchise, so why should they die, for your sake? Who are you to say what franchise should die or continue?

I despise pretentious people who love to complain about sequels and think new IPs always > sequels for some bizarre reason. You know what? Sequels sell, already have a dedicated fan base who want more and it's easier to iterate and perfect a formula set by past games in a series than to start from scratch. We can't just have new IPs all the time to please the minority of entitled forum dwellers constantly crying for new IPs and why do you think existing franchises have to die for new IPs to exist? Do you understand how silly that is? Besides Sony Santa Monica & Epic Games are actually working on new IPs, so there's that.

Its my opinion. If you dont like it then please dont comment or lecture others. I will buy as I wish and express my opinion as I wish.
PS: Currently I am playing god of war ascension. After playing all god of war games (including the mobile phone version) I feel tired. I am playing for the sake of completing god of war ascension. No hard feelings. Peace.

Around the Network

Id want a sequel that's about Marcus/Anya's son in his 20's as the new main character.....but since Locust and Lambent are effectively extinct, there's nowhere for the story to go.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Michael-5 said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

"With the right development and direction, a new Gears of War game could revitalize the franchise as well as giving gamers even more of a reason to purchase."

Where could this franchise possibly go after the ending in Gears 3? Since half the studio left after Gears 1-3, I feel like this is MS just trying to take advantage of an established IP. I think they should let it go though, as a hardcore Gears fan, I don't want to see this franchise get butchered.

The only possibly thing I could like is a spin-off totally focused on multiplayer (like Battlefield 2). But adding more unnecessary things to the story, which already ended and closed in the third entry, is a big mistake.

No closing the story arc was a great move in Gears 3. Not every franchise needs to see biannual iterations. What they should have done, if anything, was make a different story arc during the first 3 games, so they could make a very different trilogy in the future (like what Mass Effect is doing).

To be honest, I'd rather see Epic shift to a new IP, and be done with Gears, or really cut down on the rate Gears games release. Naughty Dog made The Last of Us, and I think Epic should do something similar to push the Unreal 4 engine.

Plus there is always room for a sequel, Super Metroid ended with the destruction of the last Metroid, yet we still saw Metroid Fusion.

what are those things they are doing ??? I've been off the ME news lately since I have yet to play the final chapter of the game (I was waiting for the ending issue to be solved and never got to play again since)

@sales2099
well that we know of... they could always twist it to have them back.... but that usually turns out to be bad... and why keep locust... a different threat could be coming.... from space this time maybe....
in movies like the ALIEN franchise that's what they do...

endimion said:
Michael-5 said:

what are those things they are doing ??? I've been off the ME news lately since I have yet to play the final chapter of the game (I was waiting for the ending issue to be solved and never got to play again since)

Well.... I can't really tell you what they are doing without spoiling the Mass Effect 3 enging.

What I can say is that, Commander Sheppard is not the main protagonist in the next Mass Effect, and Bioware gets offended when they call it Mass Effect 4. So it might not take place after Mass Effect 3, and it's probably going to be about a whole different threat. My point was that the next Mass Effect games are going to be very different from the first 3.

Gears of War could have gone this way, they introduced the Lambent Locust in Gears 2, and they also never explained the Sire's in Gears of War 2. There is a lot of backstory which could be fleashed out. Instead they made Judgement, which talked about nothing, and hurt the brands image.

---

I'm skeptical that Epic could make a new story ark for Gears of War, so I'd rather have them make a new IP, like Naughty Dog, and show us what they are really capable of.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

thanks for not spoiling it :)

yeah I agree... for GoW

NobleTeam360 said:
Ok seriously? don't do another prequel, if your going to do another Gears of War game just put the number 4 at the end of it. I know that is hard to do with how Gears 3 left off but hey that's why they get paid to come up with new and interesting stories.

They could do it Metal Gear Solid style and make "Gears of War 4" a prequel