By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

Stinky said:
Xbox has an arm subsystem for handling the os overlays and other functions, as well as some custom video compression and audio processing silicon.

PS4 too.

+ ARM for background tasks
+ Dedicaded audio unit

I don't know about a dedicated video unit but the video sharing feature didn't use the CPU, GPU or GDDR5... I think it uses the ARM.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

No i'm not.  I'm responding directly to this thread.

on your point... if the devs took the design choice of dynamic lighting over physics and accuracy in a driving game then frankly they are idiots.

er... lol.

You know DriveClub is more Arcade racing ... Forza 5 have focus more in driving physics than DriveClub.

Just looked up some screens of Forza 5 and Drive Club, since that's a comparison people keep talking about.

Doesn't seem like much of a discussion. Forza straight up mercs Drive Club visually. I mean if that dynamic lighting gives you a hard on, great, but it looks to me like that's the only thing you'll have to be excited about. The gameplay pics look awful. Detail on the cars is atrociously bad compared to Forza, the environments seem a bit blurred (and not in a good "I'm passing everything at 200mph" kinda way), the game lacks color (don't people always rag on games for being too "brown"? That's what Drive Club looks like).

So what I see in Forza is a game that looks far superior visually, and ran at 60fps on actual X1 consoles at E3, where Drive Club dipped into below 20fps territory.

And before people jump on me, and twist this into me seeing "X1 has much better graphics than PS4!" That's not what I'm saying. Infamous for example looks damn sexy to me, and was one of the more visually impressive titles I've seen so far.

I'm just saying Drive Club doesn't look like anything to brag about. At all.

so many people still dont understand FPS on consoles...

kowenicki said:

pure arcade?  as in ridge racer or as in forza horizon?

forza horizon has decent physics, its arcade and it is open road, its also current gen.

I don't know... the pure was more to be a joke but yeah the game is Arcade but I don't know like which other game in the market... they (the devs) said the game will have some innovatives features related to social and second screen.

Around the Network

I see the same route as this / last gen. Wishful thinking at best. There was never a huge graphical gap between competing consoles of the same gen (excluding the Wii / Wii U). If you come to think about it... every gen had its debates and there was never a huge graphical gap. I accept the fact that PS4 is 50% stronger, be it 100%, 200%; I'm growing tired of this never-ending wave of bragging. I accept this superiority and I'm probably gonna lick Sony's eggs, just please stop it...

Ex Graphics Whore.

Angelus said:

Just looked up some screens of Forza 5 and Drive Club, since that's a comparison people keep talking about.

Doesn't seem like much of a discussion. Forza straight up mercs Drive Club visually. I mean if that dynamic lighting gives you a hard on, great, but it looks to me like that's the only thing you'll have to be excited about. The gameplay pics look awful. Detail on the cars is atrociously bad compared to Forza, the environments seem a bit blurred (and not in a good "I'm passing everything at 200mph" kinda way), the game lacks color (don't people always rag on games for being too "brown"? That's what Drive Club looks like).

So what I see in Forza is a game that looks far superior visually, and ran at 60fps on actual X1 consoles at E3, where Drive Club dipped into below 20fps territory.

And before people jump on me, and twist this into me seeing "X1 has much better graphics than PS4!" That's not what I'm saying. Infamous for example looks damn sexy to me, and was one of the more visually impressive titles I've seen so far.

I don't understand why you guys keep comparing these two games. Forza is one of the biggest system sellers MS has, while DC is a game everyone is gonna get for free with their mandatory PS+. How can you compare that? The games have different budgets, different goals to achieve, different talent on the teams making them. Seriously guys, you are comparing a $60 AAA game to a free game and are drawing conslusions about the hardware that they run on? Let's wait for a real driving game from Sony, the next GT.

To me it's obvious that PS4 is more powerful and I hope that since it has an easier architecture and should sell much more in the first months, devs will treat it as the primary platform the way X360 was this gen. It's obvious that PS4 exclusives will outshine what we'll see on the XO, but I hope multiplatform games will also look and run better on the PS4.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

kowenicki said:
So we will see far more 60fps games on the PS4 than on the One?

when?

Drive club and Forza disagree. KIllzone is saying nothing.

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

alas drive club has let him down already.

Comparing Drive club to Forza? Do they even have the same budget? Lmao please. Hell even GT6 on the PS3 manages 60 fps (dips below it occasionally of course) and you think that Drive Club can't manage to get 60 fps if they had the budget or time to implement it. You're hilarious

Angelus said:

And yet Forza still can't add weather effects.

Dat cloud power.

kowenicki said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
kowenicki said:
So we will see far more 60fps games on the PS4 than on the One?

when?

Drive club and Forza disagree. KIllzone is saying nothing.

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

alas drive club has let him down already.

Driveclub and Forza are both launch title games, so they don't even tap into 10% of the power of next gen consoles.

Wait at least 2 years before legit comparisons.

...and yet one is 60fps and one is 30fps.

ah well.

...And yet the 60FPS one is actually comparable to GT6 on 7 year old hardware, and the 30 FPS one actually looks next gen.

Go figure.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon