By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

Nobody should post if they don't know what they are talking about? You didn't exactly do a hard breakdown there dude. Just some basic math here and there mixed with opinions. Have both consoles specs been 100% confirmed yet?Since streaming games are done by the host CPu/GPu, wouldn't we need to know those as well because those are where the real limits for both consoles will be graphically. How do you know that they will run that close to a 7700 series card when their cases are not or do not appear to be very efficient at cooling? Seems like we would need to wait for release of both consoles to see what they really do and whats really inside. If they had to limit power to account for heat your numbers may be way off.

"

And...? What's your point?

Look at Genji for the PS3 launch, is that representative of what the PS3 could do? Or GUN for the Xbox 360?

Driveclub is a tier 2 type game, while Forza is tier 1 (for consoles, at least). Bad comparisons.

Wait til Gran Turismo 7.
"

You do understand that the X1 will also get better over time as well? So if it is already showing itself superior to PS4, it will continue to do so.

Around the Network
FiliusDei said:
I always buy all consoles so I'm not a fanboy of any of them. It's just weird that MS could achieve 60fps on forza on a consoles that is supposed to be 50% less powerful and sony's developers are having trouble keeping them close to 30fps (except Second son which run smooth) Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm not asking in a rude way and do not want ps fans to get angry.

I hope people know that this 50% less powerful performance people keep talking about does not equate to 50% better performance for the PS4.  It really does not work out that way.  The PS4 will not show 2 times the power over the X1, it would have to be 100% more powerful than the X1 to even come close to achiveving such a performance gap.  What we will see is the difference between developers and their ability to tax both hardware.  This is how its always been and will always be.

I don't know if it was posted at some point, but this was a pretty interesting breakdown. Apparently it would result in this difference if what he says is accurate.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

kowenicki said:
Captain_Tom said:
kowenicki said:
So we will see far more 60fps games on the PS4 than on the One?

when?

Drive club and Forza disagree. KIllzone is saying nothing.

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

alas drive club has let him down already.

That's what  dev said, and so that is where I got it from.  You do understand they can make it look far worse to keep the 60FPS right?  God I can't wait for the comparison videos in about a year...

Excuses. Why arent killzone and drive club 60 fps? 1st party, plenty of dev time.

By that logic, why isn't every game announced for the Xbox One running at 60 fps? There are games that ran on PS360 at 1080p 60fps, so Xbox One should have no problem right?

LemonSlice said:
kowenicki said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
kowenicki said:

when?

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

Driveclub and Forza are both launch title games, so they don't even tap into 10% of the power of next gen consoles.

Wait at least 2 years before legit comparisons.

...and yet one is 60fps and one is 30fps.

ah well.

Yet one uses prebaked lighting and the other uses dynamic lighting with the track changing appearance dynamically during a race. Also Evolution have said they are aiming for 60fps. (I cincerely hope they hit that target). I think Forza looks amazing but technically isn't doing much, hiding that fact with birds, helicopters and HDR out the wazoo. DriveClub could end up looking like a true next gen game, with it's visual dynamism making up for the fact it isn't as picture postcard pretty.

So let me get this straight.  The game that is using the Dynamic lighting can barely hold 30FPS, did not look that hot and struggled on this superior hardware, while this other game that did not use Dynamic Lighting, looked great ran a a solid 60FPS without dropping a frame and I am suppose to be impressed by the underperforming game.  So what you are telling us is that Evolution is trying to do something the hardware does not have the muscle to do or they do not have the skill to make it work and we the consumer is suppose to give them a pass.

In the end, only fanboys care about what technique is used to make a game.  People who play games just want ti to perform good and look great and they really do not care if one is using prebaked lighting or dynamic.

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
kowenicki said:
Captain_Tom said:
kowenicki said:

when?

That's what  dev said, and so that is where I got it from.  You do understand they can make it look far worse to keep the 60FPS right?  God I can't wait for the comparison videos in about a year...

Excuses. Why arent killzone and drive club 60 fps? 1st party, plenty of dev time.

Excuses?  No they are all facts.  A dev said that.  The PS4 is that much stronger.  A game can be made to look worse to keep 60 FPS. 

The PS2 did 60 FPS with MGS2.  Does that make it stronger than the 360?

what i want to know is why we aren't getting both  ,graphical fidelity and 60fps after all the PS4 is many times more powerful  than the PS3  , also Sony said  the baseline  for the PS4 was 1080P 60fps for every game .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Sorry but the 7870 has 2.56 tflops theoretical performance. PS4 is not anywhere near that. PS4 is basically a 7790.

*HAS Better price and IPs, that's what matters to me.

Correction - PS4 is basically a 7850

tuscaniman99 said:
Sorry but the 7870 has 2.56 tflops theoretical performance. PS4 is not anywhere near that. PS4 is basically a 7790.

No, it has nothing to do with 7790. It appears to be similar to cut down 7870 (less SPUs/TMUs), but with lot of additional customization (8 ACEs with 8 CLs vs 2ACEs with 2 on Tahiti cards being one). It's still highly unlikely that would make it 2x XOne (which is similar to cut down 7790).