By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

this thread is utterly ridiculous...
early reports from over a year ago had devs saying ps4 was superior hardware wise... no surprise there... Sony is always superior hardware MS is always superior software(if you don't mind big brother watching...)

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
forethought14 said:

Eddie_Raja said:

I'm saying BF4 would look better at Mid-High settings in 1080p, than Ultra in 720p...

The image quality yes, it probably will look better. But again, I'm talking about  advanced effects you won't find in Med-high settings. If you run those advanced effects in 1080p, the game will likely not run anywhere near 60FPS. They could tone down the nice tessellation, polygons, lighting, nature effects etc to get it in 1080p/60FPS, but the game will probably not look anymore impressive than BF3, and just putting 1080p into it doesn't make it look automatically more impressive, it just cleans out the image quality. It's like playing Wii games on Dolphin, you can add all the 1080p, Anti-aliasing and those image-quality increasing effects you want, but it will again, just make those games look cleaner because the basic graphical assets will remain the same.

After PC gaming for about 2 years now, I can safely say I prefer clean to "Special Effects."  Clean graphics actively enhance gameplay while muddled special effects at sub par quality only ever makes it hard to tell the difference between a bush and a soldier at long range while your hand looks great.

Also have you played BF3 maxed out in 1080p at 60 FPS?  God it is beautiful beyond belief sometimes...

OK, you prefer that. But remember that it's a PC, so you'll be able to play with both the high resolution clean image quality AND the special graphical effects, consoles don't normally get everything (unless the developers gimp the PC versions). Enjoy playing BF4 on your PC when you get it, just don't expect 1080p/60 on PS4. Are we happy now? :)

forethought14 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
forethought14 said:

Eddie_Raja said:

I'm saying BF4 would look better at Mid-High settings in 1080p, than Ultra in 720p...

The image quality yes, it probably will look better. But again, I'm talking about  advanced effects you won't find in Med-high settings. If you run those advanced effects in 1080p, the game will likely not run anywhere near 60FPS. They could tone down the nice tessellation, polygons, lighting, nature effects etc to get it in 1080p/60FPS, but the game will probably not look anymore impressive than BF3, and just putting 1080p into it doesn't make it look automatically more impressive, it just cleans out the image quality. It's like playing Wii games on Dolphin, you can add all the 1080p, Anti-aliasing and those image-quality increasing effects you want, but it will again, just make those games look cleaner because the basic graphical assets will remain the same.

After PC gaming for about 2 years now, I can safely say I prefer clean to "Special Effects."  Clean graphics actively enhance gameplay while muddled special effects at sub par quality only ever makes it hard to tell the difference between a bush and a soldier at long range while your hand looks great.

Also have you played BF3 maxed out in 1080p at 60 FPS?  God it is beautiful beyond belief sometimes...

OK, you prefer that. But remember that it's a PC, so you'll be able to play with both the high resolution clean image quality AND the special graphical effects, consoles don't normally get everything (unless the developers gimp the PC versions). Enjoy playing BF4 on your PC when you get it, just don't expect 1080p/60 on PS4. Are we happy now? :)

I will be happy, but a lot of console players won't be...Or will be lol idk!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:

I will be happy, but a lot of console players won't be...Or will be lol idk!

Well there are some people that'll still be happy even without the cleanliness of the PC version, some just don't care about all of that. As long as they get it as good-looking as possible (considering the limited hardware), I'm sure they'll be satisfied. 

This could be interesting to compare after a few years.

Around the Network

A German magazine had the chance to preview Forza 5 recently (www.gamezone.de). I really like them and trust on their opinion. They finished the preview with saying that Forza 5 easily takes the price for the most impressive looking "early next-gen game" they have put their hands on so far.

Before someone might get it wrong - I am definitely going to buy a PS4, no doubt about it. But when it comes down to all this comparison war of frames per second and graphics I don't defend any side. Let the games be games, in the end it all depends on how well delevopers can handle the machine they are working on.

Both consoles will be able to set the bar higher - that's what we all should be curios and happy about.

FiliusDei said:
I always buy all consoles so I'm not a fanboy of any of them. It's just weird that MS could achieve 60fps on forza on a consoles that is supposed to be 50% less powerful and sony's developers are having trouble keeping them close to 30fps (except Second son which run smooth) Does anyone know why this is happening?

I'm not asking in a rude way and do not want ps fans to get angry.

All I can say is wait till the games are actually out, and we will get a better idea how games will compare when the second wave of exclusives come out.  Also I must stress that 60 FPS is a design choice and nothing more!

...Bump...