By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

sales2099 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
sales2099 said:
No know that no matter the specs, 3rd party devs will just take the easy route and make the games as identical as possible.....so basically 95% of both libraries

I have to ask.  Is that what you want?  I know you are going to get an Xbox One.  If the PS4 is capable of it, would you rather they make the games exactly the same, or give the PS4 players some extra eye candy because they can?

Assume it will costs the devs nothing extra.

Yes that is what I want. The forums will have less "smug", and developers can save some money while they are at it.

I am sorry but you are saying you flat out would like a console to not be utilized when it doesn't affect you at all.  I have never seen more ardent bias in my life and it is sad.

Well I have news for you.  Games are going to be made on PC and then ported and tweaked to each console since they are so close to PC's.  Thus it won't cost anything extra to get the most out of both.  I can garuntee you they will use the extra power in the PS4.  

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
sales2099 said:

Yes that is what I want. The forums will have less "smug", and developers can save some money while they are at it.

I am sorry but you are saying you flat out would like a console to not be utilized when it doesn't affect you at all.  I have never seen more ardent bias in my life and it is sad.

Well I have news for you.  Games are going to be made on PC and then ported and tweaked to each console since they are so close to PC's.  Thus it won't cost anything extra to get the most out of both.  I can garuntee you they will use the extra power in the PS4.  

If the underline is true, then I must say you are incredibly sheltered and you don't have to look far outside Vgchartz to see a worse example.

Sure theres gonna be exceptions, not denying that, but most of the time itll just be economic to just say "fuck it" and make them identical. Also, and more importantly, MS can easily shift their influence around to ensure they are identical.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
sales2099 said:

If the underline is true, then I must say you are incredibly sheltered and you don't have to look far outside Vgchartz to see a worse example.

Sure theres gonna be exceptions, not denying that, but most of the time itll just be economic to just say "fuck it" and make them identical. Also, and more importantly, MS can easily shift their influence around to ensure they are identical.

So again I have to ask:  You are happy to know that MS spends time and money on making their competitor's games worse instead of focusing on making their stuff better?

Don't bring up other stuff, but simply answer that question.

Eddie_Raja said:
sales2099 said:

So again I have to ask:  You are happy to know that MS spends time and money on making their competitor's games worse instead of focusing on making their stuff better?

Yes, yes I am. Its about trying to ensure equal competition. Sorry, but politics > on paper specs. You mad bro?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

...and yet one is 60fps and one is 30fps.

ah well.

Fixed lighing vs. dinamic lighting tells you everything.

missing the point.... again.

the ps4 is "twice as powerful". Why cant it handle dynamic lighting at 60fps?

its a beast... a powerhouse, its TWICE as powerful as the ONE.

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell.....but the question about why 2x cannot be y is illogical.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Eddie_Raja said:
sales2099 said:

Yes, yes I am. Its about trying to ensure equal competition. Sorry, but politics > on paper specs. You mad bro?

Speechless.  

Eddie_Raja said:

No it's in 1080p at 60 FPS.

All that was confirmed from DICE was that the games will run in 60fps on PS4 and X1. However, the fact that they didn't mention it running in 1080p leads one to believe it likely isn't running at that resolution. There was a leak earlier in the year that talked about the game running in 60fps and in 720p, though DICE only confirmed the 60 fps so far, no talk of resolution. Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't running in 1080p though, not sure why you assumed it. 

Ps4 is more powerful, cheaper, and Sony support their gamers much better than Microsoft.

That's a fact.

The mindblowing graphics games will come with the time. (Look Ps3 and The Last of Us)

Saying this... this time i'm going straight to Sony's console.

forethought14 said:
Eddie_Raja said:

No it's in 1080p at 60 FPS.

All that was confirmed from DICE was that the games will run in 60fps on PS4 and X1. However, the fact that they didn't mention it running in 1080p leads one to believe it likely isn't running at that resolution. There was a leak earlier in the year that talked about the game running in 60fps and in 720p, though DICE only confirmed the 60 fps so far, no talk of resolution. Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't running in 1080p though, not sure why you assumed it. 

There were a few reports that EA said it is in an investor call.  At the end of the day I guess nothing is 100% confirmed but I swear I read it somewhere recently.  Also the hardware is more than powerful enough to do this...

Eddie_Raja said:

There were a few reports that EA said it is in an investor call.  At the end of the day I guess nothing is 100% confirmed but I swear I read it somewhere recently.  Also the hardware is more than powerful enough to do this...

This is what is confirmed. :

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/battlefield-4-dice-aiming-for-64-players-60fps-on-xbox-one-ps4/

"We have a very complicated game with a lot of moving parts. We had to decide, yes, we will do this in 60FPS. Everything else is secondary."

1080p isn't out of the question (since he didn't outright state the resolution), but considering how he said that everything else aside from reaching 60fps is secondary, I wouldn't bet on it running natively in 1080p. If they're aiming for rock-solid 60fps, then 720p would probably be their best bet. PS4 is decently powerful, but the game not being in 1080p wouldn't surprise me.