By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Simplified explanation of how the PS4 is twice as strong graphically as the Xbox One

Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:
So we will see far more 60fps games on the PS4 than on the One?

when?

Drive club and Forza disagree. KIllzone is saying nothing.

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

alas drive club has let him down already.

In theory yes, it does mean multi-plat games could find themselves running at higher/more stable fps rates on the PS4. In regards to Shadow Fall though its a void comment, the developer consciously decided to favor a higher graphical fidelity over an increased fps. Same chose most developers made this gen, as its more marketable (no one will notice the 30fps vs 60fps until actually playing, since youtube runs at 30ish and screen shots are.. well, screen shots P:)

On the matter of the Drive Clue/Forza debate, i think that's more down to the forza developer being more skilled than the drive club one from a technically standpoint.. I image they are much better at pushing the power out of the Xbox One than Drive Clubs out of the PS4. (really though, i agree driving games need 30fps.)

Will be interesting to see how everything actually comes out once we are a few years into the next gen.

Edit: whats up with the font .-.

the thing with  forza vs drive club is.

The developer of Forza is a big big team with a big big budget

the developer of Drive Club has a much smaller team with a much smaller budget.

The Forza Team can optimize a lot more than the Drive Club Team and give more Attention to detailetc

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Angelus said:

Just looked up some screens of Forza 5 and Drive Club, since that's a comparison people keep talking about.

Doesn't seem like much of a discussion. Forza straight up mercs Drive Club visually. I mean if that dynamic lighting gives you a hard on, great, but it looks to me like that's the only thing you'll have to be excited about. The gameplay pics look awful. Detail on the cars is atrociously bad compared to Forza, the environments seem a bit blurred (and not in a good "I'm passing everything at 200mph" kinda way), the game lacks color (don't people always rag on games for being too "brown"? That's what Drive Club looks like).

So what I see in Forza is a game that looks far superior visually, and ran at 60fps on actual X1 consoles at E3, where Drive Club dipped into below 20fps territory.

And before people jump on me, and twist this into me seeing "X1 has much better graphics than PS4!" That's not what I'm saying. Infamous for example looks damn sexy to me, and was one of the more visually impressive titles I've seen so far.

I'm just saying Drive Club doesn't look like anything to brag about. At all.

And yet Forza still can't add weather effects.

Dat cloud power.

Dat common sense.  Forza still can't or turn 10 just dont care to?  Maybe they want people to see how pretty their cars car.  After all that work why cover it up with stuff like weather.  IJS

i'd like weather too and was jk but what i said might have some validity lol

Where was it confirmed that drive club will launch at 30fps...?

SxyxS said:
Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:

when?

Someone here laughed his ass off and told me that it would be pathetic if driving games arent 60fps in the next gen... he was a PS4 fan responding to the Forza confirmation of 60fps you see....

In theory yes, it does mean multi-plat games could find themselves running at higher/more stable fps rates on the PS4. In regards to Shadow Fall though its a void comment, the developer consciously decided to favor a higher graphical fidelity over an increased fps. Same chose most developers made this gen, as its more marketable (no one will notice the 30fps vs 60fps until actually playing, since youtube runs at 30ish and screen shots are.. well, screen shots P:)

On the matter of the Drive Clue/Forza debate, i think that's more down to the forza developer being more skilled than the drive club one from a technically standpoint.. I image they are much better at pushing the power out of the Xbox One than Drive Clubs out of the PS4. (really though, i agree driving games need 30fps.)

Will be interesting to see how everything actually comes out once we are a few years into the next gen.

The Forza Team can optimize a lot more than the Drive Club Team and give more Attention to detailetc

You would think with TWICE the power though they would be able to manage better. I mean its TWICE as powerful. TWICE as powerful. The facts are right there in the op.

Basically in consoles from everything I see, more power for 1 console just means that developers don't have to work quite as hard to get the same results for that console (if architecture is similar). Does it mean that it will look that much better? Probably not. They might have a slightly easier time making some games and won't have to push the hardware as hard.

For example, if a developer made a game better for console A than B then at times fans for console B would get upset and possibly boycott the game because the company "didn't treat their console right." So the developer just doesn't push console A quite as much as they could and saves some money by doing that. They would get the same amount of money if sales are 75% A/25% B as 50% A/50% B so why care if they get every ounce of juice out of each console? They just try to make them even so that people won't cry foul all the time.

Around the Network
tres said:Dat common sense.  Forza still can't or turn 10 just dont care to?  Maybe they want people to see how pretty their cars car.  After all that work why cover it up with stuff like weather.  IJS

The fast Turn 10 development is cutting the game so much for mandatory launch title.

- The same pre-baked lighting is unaceptable for a next-gen game... and it is really bad.
- Storefront & Auction House removed.
- No weather or night races.
- Reduced car roaters
- Reduced tracks?
- Reduced modes?

For now what we knows about Forza 5 is a game with prettier graphics compared with this gen, less content, less features... plus the only new feature is the Drivatar.

Anyway... Forza 1/2 have weather/night races if I remember... night races I'm sure.

ethomaz said:
tres said:Dat common sense.  Forza still can't or turn 10 just dont care to?  Maybe they want people to see how pretty their cars car.  After all that work why cover it up with stuff like weather.  IJS

The fast Turn 10 development is cutting the game so much for mandatory launch title.

- The same pre-baked lighting is unaceptable for a next-gen game... and it is really bad.
- Storefront & Auction House removed.
- No weather or night races.
- Reduced car roaters
- Reduced tracks?
- Reduced modes?

For now what we knows about Forza 5 is a game with prettier graphics compared with this gen, less content, less features... plus the only new feature is the Drivatar.

Anyway... Forza 1/2 have weather/night races if I remember... night races I'm sure.

them some pretty cars though.  you know how much time it takes to put 3 layers of paint on a car.  in better news division used modo lol

thranx said:
SxyxS said:
Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:

when?

You would think with TWICE the power though they would be able to manage better. I mean its TWICE as powerful. TWICE as powerful. The facts are right there in the op.

Some PC's may have 10 times the power of a ps360 but many PC games can hardly compete with uncharted3,because they(developers) don't have the budget to use the full advantage of more power.They can operate until a certain level ,but not more.

It's just like making a movie for 50 instead of 200million.The Equipment is the same but the 50 mio team cannot afford and realise certain things.

I don't doubt your informations but imo both games(forza/drive club)look great and the graphic quality will more depend on with racing-track  they choose.A city course will always look more amazing than a boring racing track  with some trees

Xbox one may have a hardware change according to rumors, 12 gigs in ram and maybe something else I forgot

y2jarmyofficial said:
Xbox one may have a hardware change according to rumors, 12 gigs in ram and maybe something else I forgot

Key word is rumor, I doubt this close to launch they can change it that much. That stated, having graphics battles already is just fantastical arguments of speculation, almost supernatural really. I do not take it seriously.