By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why did you skip "After Earth", with the greatest Black actor of all time in it, Will Smith.

Anything with m.night attached to is instant shit let us not forget the last airbender

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network

I don't like Will Smith much, I would barely rate him as passable as an Actor let alone one of the best. He is not even in the same league as greats like Forest Whitaker, James Earl Jones and Laurence Fishburne. So given how badly the movie rated and my general distaste for Will Smith it was an easy movie to not bother with.

Samuel L Jackson is one of the most prolific actors of the last 30 years also his box office success got a major boost when he accepted the role of Nick Fury.  Don Cheadle's box office success also got a major boost from Marvel movies when he took over Terrance Howards role from the first Iron Man movie. 

I saw it online. I did not like it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
Critics be damned? All 29,000 of them on IMDB with a 4.9 average?
I didn't like Will Smith in Hancock, nor in I am Legend, last time I enjoyed him in a movie was I, Robot.
Anyway the premise of the movie doesn't sound very exciting.

He seemes to like to play the grumpy role, since he was grumpy in all three of the movies you listed up above. Hancock was not my favorite, I only finished I am Legend once, after trying multiple times. They were not bad though, and were definitely good choices for him.

@ Zappykins

Lol, no Star Trek, and no After Earth. I am beginning to think that you do not go to the theaters at all!

Tee hee, you have a point and got me thinking. 

I do have a very nice home system, and going to the movie + prices/parking/paying for parking/people on cell phones/bad popcorn all contribute to me enjoying watching from home much more.

Another thing that drives me out of the cinemas is all the plot ruining extended previews.  In my opinion, they are much too long and reveal too much of the film.  One of the best things Lucas ever did was force the previews before Star Wars to be no more than 30 seconds. 

I am likely to go to a smaller independent movie to see something – perhaps a classic.  Like in LA a few years ago they had a 3D film festival.  I got to see great 3D prints of ‘Dial M for Murder’ (Hitchcock) and ‘Creature from the Black Lagoon.’

Do I get any credit for seeing Hobbit 1 in the cinema twice?  One in High Frame Rate (HFR) and once in Imax to see which I liked better.*

*I much preferred the HFR, but still think 48p is *much* to slow.  I think 120FPS would make me happy.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

I like black people

As much as I like Will Smith as an actor, comedian and a personality, I cannot say the same for his son.

I remember watching several interviews with Jaden when Karate Kid was released and the boy was annoying as hell to watch. He was arrogant, spoilt and full of himself. He was the opposite of everything that made his dad great!

Since that day, I can't be bothered to watch any film he is in. Maybe it's his age, maybe it's him, but if I have the option of supporting him, I rather not.

LOL at people mentioning Samuel Jackson. If anyone plays the same role in every movie, it's this guy. If he has a major role in a movie, expect some old vulgar, angry dude yelling at somebody/something. That being said, I do enjoy his craziness.

Furthermore, Will Smith is only one notch above Eddie Murphy in terms of acting ability.

looked rubbish. simple