By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've never played a Final Fantasy game...

Tagged games:

Carl2291 said:
Avoid anything after IX.

So you didn't like X?

Around the Network

FF IV, so great. You will hopefully love Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Edge and all the great characters in the game. I hope you play it.

I agree with all the praise VI is getting, though don't overlook IV. Personally, I would play IV, VI, VII, and IX. I would play them in order of release so you don't get too spoiled with graphics. If you like those, then go and play some of the others.

badgenome said:
Start with FF6 and then quit.

LOL!

Yea FFVII is over-rated, a lot of people love the game simply because it's the first Final Fantasy that they ever played.

--

My advice is to start wherever you feel like. If you fee like something retro, start with FFVI, if you feel like 3D FF, play FFVII or FFIX, both are good.

--

I started with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, then X, then I&II Dawn of Souls, and then played a bit of VI and VII. You can really start wherever.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I only played FF9 and never finished it

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 6 is overrated in my opinion I never understood what is so "great" about it. I prefer much more Final Fantasy 4, but if you want to start the series grab the first ones. If you really can't get into them (they can be pretty tough) start with the Snes ones. Then the Playstation 1 which are the best . Finally play FF X and FF XII they are awesome and XII is very underrated in my opinion. If you are desperate for more then ... grab FF XIII, it's not THAAAT bad.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

MDMAlliance said:

So you didn't like X?

It was alright. I used to think it was quite good but after trying to replay it, I quickly realised it was nothing special.

Tidus is annoying and tedious. Its linear. The voice acting is terrible. I dont think there is a memorable, standout character. Zanarkand is the only good, memorable track. It spawned X-2. Slow and boring battle system. Terrible "minigames".

Im just not a fan.

Carl2291 said:
MDMAlliance said:

So you didn't like X?

It was alright. I used to think it was quite good but after trying to replay it, I quickly realised it was nothing special.

Tidus is annoying and tedious. Its linear. The voice acting is terrible. I dont think there is a memorable, standout character. Zanarkand is the only good, memorable track. It spawned X-2. Slow and boring battle system. Terrible "minigames".

Im just not a fan.

suteki da ne ? :O

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

FF IV Complete Collection !! if you don't like that don't bother playing any of the FF 1-9..

Start with 4... only MUST plays are 4,6, and 7 in my opinion. I like 9 and 5 a lot though, and while I HATE 8 some pople tend to like it. 10 and 12 are alright.