By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've never played a Final Fantasy game...

Tagged games:

ffvi

Around the Network
OneHappyGamer:) said:
Yeah, I've decided that I will Start with Final Fantasy 3 (6) for the SNES, and then move onto 7 afterwards. after that ill see if I want to continue from there.

Hmm choosing a lesser start eh?

Start with FF9 or FFX since they are real 3d and are noob friendly

Yeah, I've decided that I will Start with Final Fantasy 3 (6) for the SNES, and then move onto 7 afterwards. after that ill see if I want to continue from there.

Start with 6, jump to 9 (its design is closer to 6 than 7 and 8), then find something else to play.

badgenome said:
Start with FF6 and then quit with FF9.

Fixed it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Damn i'm too late...

But here's my two cents:
Start with a Psx game, 7, 8 or 9. If you really really enjoy playing one of these you will find the step downwards a lot easier, same goes for up. And all three are classics. (despite fanboyism towards or against any of these, almost any FF is a good game)

If you don't mind the sprites and actually know that you're gonna like the battlesystem there's no problem with 6.

Around the Network

Avoid anything after IX.

IX is amazing, classic through and through. VII is a bit overrated but very good. X is good. VIII and XII are 'ok' but are not for everyone and I wouldn't start with those. XIII.... Tactics is amazing as well, really good story imo. Always wanted to play VI but never got around to it.

enditall727 said:

Hmm choosing a lesser start eh?

Start with FF9 or FFX since they are real 3d and are noob friendly

Nice! Never seen that trailer before as I recall. They should use it for the HD release!

Don't listen to these guys, start with IX "the best one"

then go to iv "the best oldschool one" come at me

Wait and start with Final Fantasy XV, you will never look back. :)

for the moment ..
X is my personal favorite, good battle system, likable characters, the world has depth, the story is fun and also emotional. I'd recommend you play the HD remake.