By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've never played a Final Fantasy game...

Tagged games:

I've never played Metal Gear Solid or Mario, actually I've never played most of Nintendo's FP games.

Around the Network

Play 4 , 6 , 7 , 8, 9( five times) and 10 they are the only ones worth playing. 12 is ok but not great.

I've played 7-9 12, and 13 to various degrees of completion. In the end, it really depends on what you're looking for, and what you're willing to put up with.

The games aren't strictly turn-based, but it can seem that way in standard encounters. If you're trying to avoid turn-based, 12 and 13 are your best bets, though I'd avoid those. 13 is repetitive in gameplay and confusing in story, and fells way too long. 12 is solid, but it's easy to get bogged down in the story and mechanics.

If you're willing to put up with not-quite-turn-based combat, there's 7,8 and 9.

9 has the best story and characters by far, but the game mechanics bog it down. It's really slow, especially to start, and it takes a long time to pick up speed.

8 is a mess. It's slow, boring, counter-intuitive, and has a really weak story, with the exception of a somewhat interesting but pretty shallow love story.

7 is a good all-arounder, and a good one to start with. The mechanics are simple, but have depth, and the story is good, though a bit silly. It's pacing is also pretty good, with the exception of a notoriously long-winded flashback about 6 hours in. The graphics are also very primitive, especially in comparison to other games in the series.

So if the battle system in the earlier titles is an issue, try 12, though beware its complexity. If you can stand turn-based, give 7 a shot.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

ive always planned to play FF7 but never got around to it

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

To be honest, i cant stomach the classics anymore.

If i was you i would play FF7, FF9 and maybe FFX. Nothing else is really worth it. 1-6 are too dated, 8 is just pathetic, 12 is an offline MMO and 13 is an auto-attack fest with poor characters.

Around the Network

never?, wow, just, kill yourself men..

FF 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, dissidia, crisis core, tactics, and Tipe 0.. all are amazing games..

you need playstation consoles..

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

badgenome said:
Start with FF6 and then quit.

This times a million.

Nintendo and PC gamer

badgenome said:
Start with FF6 and then quit.

Final Fantasy 1 and 2 on the PSP ARE AMAZING!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

You are better off than me. I've only played Final Fantasy XIII.

If you don't mind grinding till your death, ridiculously hard bosses, pretty graphics, and Lightning (the character) then you'll love FFXIII. I sure did. (Until it was impossible to play anymore because I wanted to break my controller.)

I'm hoping Bravely Default will become the new Final Fantasy. I doubt though. Even if it does, SE will probably turn it into an iOS Exclusive. Because everyone loves those!

Yeah, I've decided that I will Start with Final Fantasy 3 (6) for the SNES, and then move onto 7 afterwards. after that ill see if I want to continue from there.