By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is Pricey Because Microsoft Doesn't Put Consumers First Like Sony Does

Yup Yup.

Add to the fact that you can't play your 360 with your Kinect unpluged or disabled, and you can't buy a One console without a Kinect sensor add to the fact.

This is why I'm switching back to Sony. One has better games ATM, but I know games like Titanfall will go MP, and I just like Sony so much better, I don't want to see them go bankrupt.

I mean, on PS+, playstation owners get Vanquish free right now, and Battlefield 3 soon too. I would love a copy of BF3, I haven't played the game, and my friends want me to get it. On XBL I get Fable 3 free now, and Assassin's Creed 2/Halo 3 free next month. 2 games I already beat a long time ago, and one game I have very little interest in.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Yeah.. that must explain PS+ MP fee, PS3 price, Vita mem card price, among countless other things. News flash: corporations love making money. Hell Sony makes most of its money from selling life insurance.

bananaking21 said:
curl-6 said:
Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, they all care about one thing above all; money. That's all we are to them, a walking wallet. It's silly to attribute altruism to a corporation.

sony cares about my personal feelings. i talk to kaz hirai on the phone every night to tell him what new things happened with my secret crush. does balmer do that to you?!

Yes, and he sings me lullabies when I'm scared and can't sleep at night! (Scared of PS4's dominance of course!) :p

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
What was being said last generation lol?

The PS3 has had more price cuts in the gen than Microsft who only really cut the price of the full model Xbox 360 once. Sony has cut the PS3 by $300 in price over since 2006. Microsoft since 2005 has only majorly dropped it once, and if you bought the core model you paid even more than the person who bought the full model. The PS3 was made to be the all in one box but as much as Sony wanted to have a cheaper price they couldn't they were already financially bleeding because of Kutaragis mistakes, which is why he had to step down. At $600  it was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market.

Well none of that is really accurate. They dropped the 20GB model 2 times, they dropped the 60GB model 2 times, and they dropped the Elite 4 times.

The amount Sony dropped the price in total is irrelevant when you consider they launched hundreds of dollars more expensive. The fact of the matter is you have 2 consoles still selling well and selling similar amounts so it makes sense that they are priced similar amounts. MS won't be cutting the 360 price while they profit off of it and it still sells well. Just like Sony won't drop the PS3 while they can still make as much money as possible from it.

Both companies introduced a new strategy for pricing on consoles that I think will continue from now on. Every time there was a price drop there was a new hardware bundle that was slightly more expensive. So while technically you got the better hardware for less money if you waited, a lot of this gen it hasn't seemed like either console really got a good old fashioned price cut.

What's disturbing to me is that it's like that a GROWN MAN wrote this. Yes, there are adults that consider this sound reasoning. And they have a voice and an audience on the internet. Yes ...

Around the Network

I'm sorry but that's the biggest load of bs I've heard all week. I guess Sony was thinking about the consumers interest when they released the ps3 for $599.

Darth Tigris said:
What's disturbing to me is that it's like that a GROWN MAN wrote this.

You have no proof of that!

Lol, can't tell if trolling or you actually believe.  Either way it is hilarious especially for someone who understands a little of Sony's culture and history.

So I’m just going to put a post that represent my performance art interpretation of your post.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

lol no.

+ Xbone is more expensive to manufacture due complex and big APU
+ Kinect

I agree 100%. Sony is an altruistic company. Everything they do is to satisfy their customers, satisfy the needs of the people.