By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is Pricey Because Microsoft Doesn't Put Consumers First Like Sony Does

Mad55 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
What was being said last generation lol?

The PS3 has had more price cuts in the gen than Microsft who only really cut the price of the full model Xbox 360 once. Sony has cut the PS3 by $300 in price over since 2006. Microsoft since 2005 has only majorly dropped it once, and if you bought the core model you paid even more than the person who bought the full model. The PS3 was made to be the all in one box but as much as Sony wanted to have a cheaper price they couldn't they were already financially bleeding because of Kutaragis mistakes, which is why he had to step down. At $600  it was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market.

Lol Come on you can't defend this one man. 

I switched to 360 to tell you the truth, because back then it was only really about the multiplats for me which is the case for the majority of the 360 gamers. it was about price and multiplats. The Xbone has no excuse to have the Kinect be manditory, the PS3 was pushing Blu Ray and now everyone can  afford it. Sony has more than made up for their sins with the PS3. If I thought the way I did back then I would've equated the Xbone with the PS3, but Sony still outsold the Xbox 360's first year at $600. I wasn't willing to pay it, but that just shows you the value and brand power you're dealing with. I am so glad Sony has changed their ways completely.

Around the Network

ROFL apparently you have not been around video game consoles long enough to rememebr how Sony once was. Microsoft is no more or less greedy then any other coporation on the entire planet. When Sony dominated the console market in the US thay were a very different company. At this stage the tables are tuned on them and they have pressure on them like never before to make a profit on the Play Station 4. If they fail this cycle then Sony will be out of the console business. Thats why they are telling you everything you want to hear and jumping through hoops because they have no choice. Very different then the arrogant "We Can't Do No Wrong" company they were when they dominated the console market.

I feel that the Xbox One is reasonably priced. I personally like the Kinect and find it a value to me. People will either want it or not want it and judge for themselves if the addition of Kinect Adds value to their consoles. I own a Wii U and will eventually own a PS4 but for me Xbox One will come first simply because I'm looking forward to the awesome innovations the console has to offer.

Sony is all for the gamer. Ms has the nerve to charge 499 for a lower speced console and try to get away wit it

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Looks back at PS3.......... sure whatever you say buddy.

i like how people act like they know what a business' intentions are, and then claim to know that a business is "evil" or "good".

why even claim that a company is greedy? if you call them greedy, is it the actual people who work for the
company? just the ones in charge? the CEO?

businesses are businesses, and companies are companies. they exist to make money by providing some sort of service--like supporting a gaming console. they try to promote their service any way they can, and if they fail then they go out of business.

if someone doesn't want to buy Microsoft's product, then they shouldn't buy it. However, when people start claiming that one business is evil and another isn't, that's silly.

Around the Network

Do people think customer appreciation isn't an important factor in business?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

You have a good point. If you judge Microsoft by for instance how much the founder gives away and how much the company itself contributes to charity then Microsoft if FAR from greedy. They have a mentality of charitable giving that comes from the top down. Its been a few years but I once read a business story (I will provide a link to if I can find it) just home much money the company and employees contribute to various charities around the word. Much more then Apple at that time and most other companies on the planet. I never looked into how much Sony gives to charity. I never really see their names sponsoring anything state side but I would venture a guess they are much more greedy then Microsoft.

Will try to dig up some figures...

;)

I thought this was a rol thread

PeterSilenced said:
Well sony is selling their console in Europe for 524,51 dollars and ms for 655,64. So yeah they both love their consumers especially those who have euro and pounds as their currency. Just for curiosity why can´t they do convertions? seriosly...399,99 dollars is 305,01 euros!

to take under consideration... 399USD that is the price without tax... take those 305,01€ +tax in my country = total of 375,15€

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Gamerevolution had his ups and downs and this article is kinda weird, but, man, I have some fond memories about them, I used to read their reviews all the time before I bought my PS2, I could not afford one, then I just read Silent Hill 2 review over and over and pretend to play the game.
Then I would play Silent Hill or FF8 on my psone on my weekends, while looking for better jobs and stuff like that.
Today life is amazing, it is good how sometimes things change for the better. Never lose hope and never stop fighting I guess =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.