By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is Pricey Because Microsoft Doesn't Put Consumers First Like Sony Does

Yeah. Complete BS. Both companies are trying to make as much money as possible. Sony is simply trying to gain back what it had with the PS1 and PS2, hence the aggressive pricing.

And can you blame any company for not wanting to leave 1 BILLION dollars on the table? Microsoft is still in a good position if you as me. They are still doing very well in the US with the 360 and do have some momentum going into this launch.

Around the Network

Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, they all care about one thing above all; money. That's all we are to them, a walking wallet. It's silly to attribute altruism to a corporation.

Oops. Forgot Sony was a non-profit charity that exists solely to please its fans.

PeterSilenced said:
Well sony is selling their console in Europe for 524,51 dollars and ms for 655,64. So yeah they both love their consumers especially those who have euro and pounds as their currency. Just for curiosity why can´t they do convertions? seriosly...399,99 dollars is 305,01 euros!

From Shuhei Yoshida's twitter : "Different countries have different rules on tax, retailer business practices, etc. look at other products prices, too". When he was  asked "Do you know why the PS4 has a price discrepancy between it's U.S.A price of $399 (which converts to £259) and it's U.K price of £299?"

I don't like the price discrepancy, but from what I've seen all electronics are more  expensive in europe than in america.

morenoingrato said:
Oops. Forgot Sony was a non-profit charity that exists solely to please its fans.

All profits are donated to their failing TV division.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, they all care about one thing above all; money. That's all we are to them, a walking wallet. It's silly to attribute altruism to a corporation.

sony cares about my personal feelings. i talk to kaz hirai on the phone every night to tell him what new things happened with my secret crush. does balmer do that to you?!

Maris said:
morenoingrato said:

After all, bravias come for free :D

That OP is really long, it needs breaking down a bit more.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

TheSting said:
What was being said last generation lol?

The PS3 has had more price cuts in the gen than Microsft who only really cut the price of the full model Xbox 360 once. Sony has cut the PS3 by $300 in price over since 2006. Microsoft since 2005 has only majorly dropped it once, and if you bought the core model you paid even more than the person who bought the full model. The PS3 was made to be the all in one box but as much as Sony wanted to have a cheaper price they couldn't they were already financially bleeding because of Kutaragis mistakes, which is why he had to step down. At $600  it was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market.

Maris said:
morenoingrato said:

Flawless victory

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheSting said:
What was being said last generation lol?

The PS3 has had more price cuts in the gen than Microsft who only really cut the price of the full model Xbox 360 once. Sony has cut the PS3 by $300 in price over since 2006. Microsoft since 2005 has only majorly dropped it once, and if you bought the core model you paid even more than the person who bought the full model. The PS3 was made to be the all in one box but as much as Sony wanted to have a cheaper price they couldn't they were already financially bleeding because of Kutaragis mistakes, which is why he had to step down. At $600  it was the cheapest Blu Ray player on the market.

Lol Come on you can't defend this one man.