Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could MK8, Bayo2 and X run on a PS3[60]

could they?

yes 280 32.52%

no 341 39.61%

maybe one of them could 124 14.40%

maybe two of them could 41 4.76%

see results 75 8.71%

Total:861

It's amazing how much Ninjablade posts on these threads, and also amazing how many people respond to him. Anyway,

The difference between PS360 and WiiU/PS4/X1 so far seems so small to me in terms of the instant visual impact. The biggest differences so far seem to be in terms of resolution, frame rate and lighting.

In the most recent comparison photos showing B2 and GOW, I don't think anyone should be expecting either one to look dramatically better than the other. GOW is a work of art. The character models are flawless. I don't care what kind of hardware you give a developer, it's going to be hard to make something prettier than that. B2, as well, has had a lot of effort behind it, and the characters and backgrounds look fantastic.

The technical differences we will probably see are possibly a higher resolution and most definitely a higher, more stable frame rates. Also, the lighting looks much better in the B2 pictures. If you look at the torches in the GOW photo, they're not actually a light source. In the B2 photo, the sun bounces off the plane and Bayonetta in interesting ways. These effects are also evident in games X and Mariokart. MK in particular for me looked very "next gen" with it's polish, especially the lighting. These effects can't be reproduced on older hardware.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
curl-6 said:
ninjablade said:

And yet you devote your signature and your entire existence on this site towards arguing it.

yea like i really post here much any more.

I think the problem is that just by looking at your sig, you already don't seem like somebody that's reasonable.

Lets go down the list a little. The first problem is that the only thing we have from the guy is that the Wii U's CPU is estimated to run at 1.25 GHz, but your sig says 1.2. The second problem is we don't think the Wii U GPU is running at 176GFLOPs, the fact is that we don't know since it could also be running at 352GFLOPs, not that number means much in real world performance if a game engine isn't optimized for it. The 3rd problem is that your complete BS about the 360's eDRAM being faster than the eDRAM in the Wii U which is pretty much pulled out of your fucking asshole because there is no hard data.

There are also people that keep comparing GoW3 to Bayo2 like they are the same games with ridiculous screen shots where Kratos is standing in a fucking hallway while Bayo is on a jet fighter roaming about in a city. GoW 3 ran at like 45FPS on average in closed environments and fixed cameras, crack is not good for you guys......... Like shit, you think I don't have GoW3 or something?

TheLastStarFighter said:

It's amazing how much Ninjablade posts on these threads, and also amazing how many people respond to him. Anyway,

The difference between PS360 and WiiU/PS4/X1 so far seems so small to me in terms of the instant visual impact. The biggest differences so far seem to be in terms of resolution, frame rate and lighting.

In the most recent comparison photos showing B2 and GOW, I don't think anyone should be expecting either one to look dramatically better than the other. GOW is a work of art. The character models are flawless. I don't care what kind of hardware you give a developer, it's going to be hard to make something prettier than that. B2, as well, has had a lot of effort behind it, and the characters and backgrounds look fantastic.

The technical differences we will probably see are possibly a higher resolution and most definitely a higher, more stable frame rates. Also, the lighting looks much better in the B2 pictures. If you look at the torches in the GOW photo, they're not actually a light source. In the B2 photo, the sun bounces off the plane and Bayonetta in interesting ways. These effects are also evident in games X and Mariokart. MK in particular for me looked very "next gen" with it's polish, especially the lighting. These effects can't be reproduced on older hardware.

I'm trying to englighten him because his tech knowledge is fucking terrible but he thinks he knows his shit, but it's not working out too well since I don't think he has a basic understanding of what a good logic is, at least not on the internet. Who knows, maybe he's a swell guy IRL, or he gets beat up a lot, either way, I'll still try to inform the non-tech people as to how things work which is why I made an account here in the first place after looking at so many bad tech posts years ago..........

dahuman said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I'm trying to englighten him because his tech knowledge is fucking terrible but he thinks he knows his shit, but it's not working out too well since I don't think he has a basic understanding of what a good logic is, at least not on the internet. Who knows, maybe he's a swell guy IRL, or he gets beat up a lot, either way, I'll still try to inform the non-tech people as to how things work which is why I made an account here in the first place after looking at so many bad tech posts years ago..........

I get you man, but this all reminds me of a saying: "Never argue with an idiot.  They will simply drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Not saying anyone on this forum is, just like that saying. ;)

That being said, a lot of people post hear-say in this forum, and ninja blade is no exception.  I have a BSEE and I still don't claim to know everything regarding WiiU's GPU.  Also, a lot of paper comparison talk going on, which is laughable in general.  A lot of talk regardign RAM, which so many people here didn't even know existed about 6 months ago.  Laughable all around.

For the record, if those three games are running in NATIVE 1080 / 60 (or hell, even 30), that is almost good enough to classify them as something that "could not be done on the 360 or ps3. 

One thing for that flammer, Bayonetta 2 is not finished yet and looks better than GOW 3 in movement and best of all, the scale of the game is bigger. The demo of E3 is an alpha version of the game made in February. Please, next time don't pick up images retouched or these promotional

See the diference?

Around the Network

Considering the WiiU has better specs than the PS360; I dont think the games would run with the same assets as the WiiU.

But I really think the PS360 are capable of running the games with some graphical compromise.

If the foliage in X is actually 3D polygon foliage instead of 2D sprites; there is no way in hell that the game with WiiU assets would run in the PS360.

Heavenly_King said:

Considering the WiiU has better specs than the PS360; I dont think the games would run with the same assets as the WiiU.

But I really think the PS360 are capable of running the games with some graphical compromise.

If the foliage in X is actually 3D polygon foliage instead of 2D sprites; there is no way in hell that the game with WiiU assets would run in the PS360.

However I think that the OP meant running the games as is. 

MDMAlliance said:
Heavenly_King said:

However I think that the OP meant running the games as is. 

If  downgrades are allowed, the question isn't even worth asking. You could run any game today on a PS2 if you downgraded it.

curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

Did you not read what I said? Its not the PS360 that improved, its the developers at making games and we are talking about hardware only here. These graphics were just as possible on PS30 in 2005/6 as they are now, the developers simply didnt knew how to produce those graphics back then. WiiU will be just as capable now as it will in 2018.

But current Wii U games aren't indicative of its full strength, just like 2005/2006 PS360 games weren't indicative of those consoles' real strength. As you put it, developers simply don't know how to produce the best graphics possible on Wii U yet.

correct. here, everyone should check this link that says all we need to know about the situation:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/xbox-vs-xbox-360-do-you-really-need-hd-6140621/

Possibly, but they wouldn't be as good looking. Much like PS4/One games on the Wii U.

Love and tolerate.