yes 280 32.52%

no 341 39.61%

maybe one of them could 124 14.40%

maybe two of them could 41 4.76%

see results 75 8.71%

Total:861

This thread is still going?

Around the Network

Ok, simply put it. NO! but cut frame rate in half, lower the resolution, shorter draw distance, and now they can run on PS360. That only applies to Bayo 2, and X. X would be very hard to port imo though. Mario Kart 8 I think if they work really hard on it, they can make an almost exact port. maybe not 1080p native though.

ninjablade said:
think-man said:
I've seen games on the Ps3 that look better then them. So yes.

X's is the only one that I would say would be testy but I still think it'll be fine.

this always happens with new consoles, the reality is the wiiu has no games that has shown a noticable  upgrade over current gen, X for example, we have no idea how it runs, and we haven't seen have real gameplay demonstration, just snippets of gameplay, nothing you can really judge from, no direct feed captures, no real real gameplay demonstarion video, just a teasers just shows snippets of gameplay, lots of games on 360/ps3 could have been graphic kings of current gen if they had proper AA, good frame rate, pop in and not be sub hd.

You seem a lot like Kaizar.  Warped reality of how things really are.  Both of you may have your points, but ultimately it falls through due to misinformation and faulty logic.

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
Player1x3 said:

Yes, developer experience, not system's specs/raw power which is what we are talking about here. PS360 didnt magically became stronger during the generations, they were the same consoles from 2005/6 capable of doing Blops 2 graphics

And just as the PS3 and 360 improved massively from what we saw in 2005 and 2006, so too will the Wii U improve massively from what we see today. That's the point; Wii U's first baby steps can already rival the mature gallop of PS3/360.

Did you not read what I said? Its not the PS360 that improved, its the developers at making games and we are talking about hardware only here. These graphics were just as possible on PS30 in 2005/6 as they are now, the developers simply didnt knew how to produce those graphics back then. WiiU will be just as capable now as it will in 2018.

Actually, there is sometimes games that only run on the system with a high enough firmware update, for example Mario Kart 7 requires firmware 2.2.0-4, but the game was rushed anyways, but this makes it able to stay at 60 fps underwater with the 3D ON. (underwater in the game world that is, LOL)

Cubic Ninja with 3D enable & on has lags on stage 4 (theres 20 levels in this stage) and can be played on pre-install firmware, but each minor firmware update reduced the lags. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS still has frame rate drops & lags on firmware 4.5.0-10 after improving the frame rate & reducing the lags from over 20 hours of gameplay, but on 5.0.0-11, let alone firmware 6.0.0-X, it runs at 60 fps with NO lags & no frame rate drops with the 3D ON & Wireless ON.

I will just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xw1LaOP6de0

If you want to see the impressive part, watch the fight with Gammorha (around 10:10)

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

I'm going to say yes because there's some current generation games that blow Bayonetta 2 away visually even if they're not pushing the same framerate and resolution, if they were pared back visually to run at 1080p/60fps they could still look as good or better I think. Project X doesn't really look that amazing either, lovely art direction but looking at Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim does it look a noticeably better? Not really, if it does run at 1080p with a solid 60fps then I guess that would be impressive and I doubt current gen consoles could do that, they could probably render it at 720p/60fps though with enough effort and would look near identical. Anyway, here's some obligatory picture comparisons:

Is that Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate?

The 3DS does do 160Mtriangle/s (160 million polygons).

Kaizar said:
JustThatGamer said:

I'm going to say yes because there's some current generation games that blow Bayonetta 2 away visually even if they're not pushing the same framerate and resolution, if they were pared back visually to run at 1080p/60fps they could still look as good or better I think. Project X doesn't really look that amazing either, lovely art direction but looking at Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim does it look a noticeably better? Not really, if it does run at 1080p with a solid 60fps then I guess that would be impressive and I doubt current gen consoles could do that, they could probably render it at 720p/60fps though with enough effort and would look near identical. Anyway, here's some obligatory picture comparisons:

Please, just stop. You're not helping.

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
think-man said:
I've seen games on the Ps3 that look better then them. So yes.

X's is the only one that I would say would be testy but I still think it'll be fine.

this always happens with new consoles, the reality is the wiiu has no games that has shown a noticable  upgrade over current gen, X for example, we have no idea how it runs, and we haven't seen have real gameplay demonstration, just snippets of gameplay, nothing you can really judge from, no direct feed captures, no real real gameplay demonstarion video, just a teasers just shows snippets of gameplay, lots of games on 360/ps3 could have been graphic kings of current gen if they had proper AA, good frame rate, pop in and not be sub hd.

You seem a lot like Kaizar.  Warped reality of how things really are.  Both of you may have your points, but ultimately it falls through due to misinformation and faulty logic.

Dude, the 3DS does do 160Mtriangle/s and the PS Vita only does 140Mtriangle/s.

But keep telling yourself that the PS Vita GPU can push more triangle/s.

curl-6 said:
Kaizar said:
JustThatGamer said:

Please, just stop. You're not helping.

It does look like Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate.

Zero999 said:
JustThatGamer said:

Wii U - 2014.

PS3 - 2010.

PS3/Xbox 360 - 2010.

PS3 - 2013.

Huge scale, gorgeous lighting and beautifully detailed, especially considering they run on 7/8 year old hardware. Also God of War III is the studios first PS3 game and still looks clearly superioir to Bayonetta 2.

I'm taking away some images to avoid mega quote.

No, GOW3 is not clearly superior, in fact it's not superior at all. the only impressive things are some enemies, but bear in mind that cronos fight alone cost 1M to develop. the scenarios are pretty lackluster compared to bayonetta2 and they're also mostly closed places vs big open ones at bayonetta.