could they?

yes 280 32.52%

no 341 39.61%

maybe one of them could 124 14.40%

maybe two of them could 41 4.76%

see results 75 8.71%

Total:861
JustThatGamer said:

My last bit of immature dick waving before I leave! :D *Read the text in bold below the pictures for why my answer to the OP is yes and how I'm not just criticising Bayonetta 2's visuals to troll but because I'm genuinely not impressed & believe the Wii U could produce better looking games than anything on PS360.

@Zero999 The only impressive thing about GoW3 is some of the enemies? It's one thing to think Bayonetta 2 looks better, it's another thing to downplay how amazing God of War III looks, especially considering it's the developers 1st PS3 game on 7 year old hardware and the game will be 4 years old by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out on a next gen console. Hell maybe it's not fair to compare GoW3 to Bay 2, it even looks better than UC3 and on par with TLoU. Come now, you asked for it,  100% in-game screenshot time! (even though God of War III looks even better in motion thanks to film-like motion blur and great depth of field, both of which Bayonetta 2 doesn't have).

So only some of the enemies look impressive and nothing else? Really? ;D I wonder how many non-bias people would agree that Bay 2 looks better than GoW3? An insignificant minority I'd guess.

I believe God of War III looks significantly better than Beyonetta 2 and its sense of scale is far more impressive (if you still think Bay 2 looks better than either I'm being trolled or you just don't want to accept the truth). If the SSM dropped motion blur & depth of field (didn't notice either effect in the Bay 2 gameplay demo) then I bet GoW3 could run at 1080p/60fps and still look better thus why I believe Bayonetta 2 is doable on PS3 with a talented enough developer and enough time & resources, looking at how visually stunning Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is maybe 360 could too.

Anyway, I'm done now. If someone can look at God of War III and honestly think Bayonetta 2 looks better then I'm not going to waste time arguing with stubborn Nintendo/Bayonetta fans. Also Just because I feel God of War III is a league ahead of Bayonetta 2's visuals I'm not trying to say the Wii U is weaker than current gen HD consoles or that Bayonetta 2 is ugly, not at all, I just think the Wii U is capable of a lot more visually impressive games, Bayonetta 2 should look amazing but honestly it looks pretty much the same as the first game to me just slightly crisper with some light-shafts.

The real question should be can God of War III run on the Wii U?

Just as silly a question really with nobody here qualified to give a definitive answer. I'm out, carry on arguing. :)

At thend of the day, GoW3 runs on a system with less than 500MB of RAM available to games, while Bayonetta 2 is on a system with 1GB available. 

Given the scale of Bayonetta 2's scenes, it's very likely it uses more than 500MB, meaning that in its current state, it simply wouldn't fit into PS3 or 360's memory.

Around the Network

As brief as it can be: sure but not at the quality like the WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 - Runs at full 1080p and I suppose full 60 frames per second. LittleBigPlanet Karting is sub 720p and runs at 30 frames per second.

Bayonetta 2 - Somewhat similar. Runs either at full 1080p or 720p on the WiiU and I think it's 60 frames per second. Wouldn't be the same on PS360, obviously.

X - As an open world RPG, Monolith will be taking advantage of the larger pool of RAM; it's not possible for a hypothetical port to PS360, as it wouldn't just be a visual decrease to fit into PS360 RAM.

Also, who knows maybe MK8 and B2 also take advantage of the larger RAM amount that just wouldn't fit into PS360 RAM as it wouldn't just be a visual decrease.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
As brief as it can be: sure but not at the quality like the WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 - Runs at full 1080p and I suppose full 60 frames per second. LittleBigPlanet Karting is sub 720p and runs at 30 frames per second.

Bayonetta 2 - Somewhat similar. Runs either at full 1080p or 720p on the WiiU and I think it's 60 frames per second. Wouldn't be the same on PS360, obviously.

X - As an open world RPG, Monolith will be taking advantage of the larger pool of RAM; it's not possible for a hypothetical port to PS360, as it wouldn't just be a visual decrease to fit into PS360 RAM.

Also, who knows maybe MK8 and B2 also take advantage of the larger RAM amount that just wouldn't fit into PS360 RAM as it wouldn't just be a visual decrease.

Sub 720p. Just say Standard-Defintion.

The PS Vita is Sub-HD with 140Mtriangle/s.

And the 3DS is Sub-HD with 160Mtriangle/s.

Can we just say Standard-Definition?

Is it so horrible to call some PS3 games & 100% of PS Vita games, Standard-Definition.

curl-6 said:
JustThatGamer said:

My last bit of immature dick waving before I leave! :D *Read the text in bold below the pictures for why my answer to the OP is yes and how I'm not just criticising Bayonetta 2's visuals to troll but because I'm genuinely not impressed & believe the Wii U could produce better looking games than anything on PS360.

@Zero999 The only impressive thing about GoW3 is some of the enemies? It's one thing to think Bayonetta 2 looks better, it's another thing to downplay how amazing God of War III looks, especially considering it's the developers 1st PS3 game on 7 year old hardware and the game will be 4 years old by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out on a next gen console. Hell maybe it's not fair to compare GoW3 to Bay 2, it even looks better than UC3 and on par with TLoU. Come now, you asked for it,  100% in-game screenshot time! (even though God of War III looks even better in motion thanks to film-like motion blur and great depth of field, both of which Bayonetta 2 doesn't have).

So only some of the enemies look impressive and nothing else? Really? ;D I wonder how many non-bias people would agree that Bay 2 looks better than GoW3? An insignificant minority I'd guess.

I believe God of War III looks significantly better than Beyonetta 2 and its sense of scale is far more impressive (if you still think Bay 2 looks better than either I'm being trolled or you just don't want to accept the truth). If the SSM dropped motion blur & depth of field (didn't notice either effect in the Bay 2 gameplay demo) then I bet GoW3 could run at 1080p/60fps and still look better thus why I believe Bayonetta 2 is doable on PS3 with a talented enough developer and enough time & resources, looking at how visually stunning Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is maybe 360 could too.

Anyway, I'm done now. If someone can look at God of War III and honestly think Bayonetta 2 looks better then I'm not going to waste time arguing with stubborn Nintendo/Bayonetta fans. Also Just because I feel God of War III is a league ahead of Bayonetta 2's visuals I'm not trying to say the Wii U is weaker than current gen HD consoles or that Bayonetta 2 is ugly, not at all, I just think the Wii U is capable of a lot more visually impressive games, Bayonetta 2 should look amazing but honestly it looks pretty much the same as the first game to me just slightly crisper with some light-shafts.

Just as silly a question really with nobody here qualified to give a definitive answer. I'm out, carry on arguing. :)

At thend of the day, GoW3 runs on a system with less than 500MB of RAM available to games, while Bayonetta 2 is on a system with 1GB available. 

Given the scale of Bayonetta 2's scenes, it's very likely it uses more than 500MB, meaning that in its current state, it simply wouldn't fit into PS3 or 360's memory.

Just because a game runs on a ''more powerfull'' system doesnt mean that the game itself is automatically better looking. 

Player1x3 said:
curl-6 said:
JustThatGamer said:

Just because a game runs on a ''more powerfull'' system doesnt mean that the game itself is automatically better looking. 

I agree; "better looking" is a completely subjective matter. The thread was asking whether these games would run on PS3/360 though, so I was merely answering from that perspective.

Around the Network

its amazing how people post and have no idea what there talking about, baynetta 2 is 720p & 60fps and so is Mario kart 8, X is 720p and at 30fps, with out dynamic lighting and 2d foliage.

JustThatGamer said:

I think GOW is better looking than B2.  I don't especially like the art style of Bayonetta and I probably won't buy it.

But B2 is more technically demanding than GOW.  The lighting, the massive city flying by at high speed, the large and detailed characters such as Bayonetta herself or the dragons, all the effects, the destruction.  That stuff takes more processing ability than the smaller environments of GOW which have far, far less activity going on.

The skill required to create the GOW images is exceptional, and I think that, more and more, is gonig to be the defining factor for beautiful games going forward, since all of the available systems (even PS360) are quite powerful, technically.

ninjablade said:
its amazing how people post and have no idea what there talking about, baynetta 2 is 720p & 60fps and so is Mario kart 8, X is 720p and at 30fps, with out dynamic lighting and 2d foliage.

Mario Kart 8 runs at 1080p native and 60 frames. And X has dynamic light and the foliage is in 3D. Stop lying clown

ninjablade said:

Shhhh... now you're just lying.  Settle down and take a nap.  When you need to resort to lying, you know you are failing in your attempts to annoy people.  Get some hot milk, think happy thoughts about how weak the Wii U is and start again tomorrow.

TheLastStarFighter said:
ninjablade said:

Shhhh... now you're just lying.  Settle down and take a nap.  When you need to resort to lying, you know you are failing in your attempts to annoy people.  Get some hot milk, think happy thoughts about how weak the Wii U is and start again tomorrow.

i'm lying i would bet you a month ban that i'm right on all three.