By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz: PS4 Outselling Xbone at 5:3 in US

Just_Rocco said:
I don't get why people consider Europe "Sony land". Europe is neutral to all 3 console makers. Just because its Sony's best performing region doesn't mean the Nintendo and Microsoft do poorly there by any means.

USA - XBOX Land/Neutral
Europe - Neutral
Japan - 3DS Land

The Topic is about PS4 and Xbone.  So handhelds are obviously not included. Wii U could be included but again the conversation is preorders and launch sales

That being said, Continental European Hardware sales are 25.2 Million PS3 to 15.4Million Xbox.  So 5 to 3 even with the Xbox head start and cheaper unit.  That will not change with $100 cheaper PS4. 

UK is at 9 to 6.  UK is same ratio as US Pro Xbox

US is currently 40.6M Xbox to 26.6 PS3.  So that is about 3 to 2.  (So if you think that the US is Xbox, then just by those numbers, Europe is PS3.) 

Currently PS4 is outpreodering Xbone everywhere.  That is fact inspite of the MS reversal.

WIth the information above, a 4 to 3 Initial launch for US and UK, and 2 to 1 Europe in favor of PS4 - I am not making any type of bold prediction, just a common sense one.   

Around the Network

Hmm Id love an update on these numbers. :)

Not that these charts are reliable or anything, but I am surprised it's only 5:3.

riderz13371 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
@riderz13371
I didn't say they were taking a loss at $399 even though you have no idea if they are or not. What I'm saying is Sony can't afford to take a loss so if MS drops the X1 price to $399 Sony won't be able to counter with a $299 price. They will both be at $399 for a while.

Yes they will both be 399$ for a while, but Microsoft isn't just gonna give the Xbox One a 100$ price cut a couple months after launch. It will stay 499$ for at least 6+ months which will give Sony a very big lead in sales. Of course, I'm only talking about U.S here. If they're both 399$ Sony won't have a problem with Microsoft in Europe/Japan.

Only 6 months before a price cut? no way in hell. Only if the Xbone is being completely obliterated in USA by PS4.

J_Allard said:
Not that these charts are reliable or anything, but I am surprised it's only 5:3.

Considering the fact that it is US alone, the numbers seem pretty much the way it is deserved to be. A lot attributed to the DRM fiasco and U-turn, then the 100 $ extra price. The worldwide numbers can be in the range  5:1 which if lesser will only surprise me then.

Around the Network

In all reality, it probably will not matter. Preorders are made to be canceled and even if this is the start of this Gen we all know it does not mean it will be the end of it. Both consoles will be on the market for some time and who is to know what feature might become the killer app for both.

Not sure that the UK and US are going to be so closely aligned this time around.

For all 2013 pre-orders:

UK
PS4 - 4
XB1 - 72

US
PS4 - 3
XB1 - 6

Although the US launch version has been sold out for some time. Also note that in the UK a couple of weeks ago PS4 was at 3 and XB1 was around 54 so looks like momentum for both has died off post E3.

An update would be nice. They must be pretty close in US.

Everywhere else isnt really a competition right now.

xmositox said:

The Topic is about PS4 and Xbone.  So handhelds are obviously not included. Wii U could be included but again the conversation is preorders and launch sales

That being said, Continental European Hardware sales are 25.2 Million PS3 to 15.4Million Xbox.  So 5 to 3 even with the Xbox head start and cheaper unit.  That will not change with $100 cheaper PS4. 

UK is at 9 to 6.  UK is same ratio as US Pro Xbox

US is currently 40.6M Xbox to 26.6 PS3.  So that is about 3 to 2.  (So if you think that the US is Xbox, then just by those numbers, Europe is PS3.) 

Currently PS4 is outpreodering Xbone everywhere.  That is fact inspite of the MS reversal.

WIth the information above, a 4 to 3 Initial launch for US and UK, and 2 to 1 Europe in favor of PS4 - I am not making any type of bold prediction, just a common sense one.   

This...

And I mean look at the market in Europe, this week, PS3 has a small higher price than 360 but still

So let's be real. PS3 was out a year later, got a back lash, and was more expensive and manage to beat 360 ? Now One got a back lash and is more expensive unlike PS4. I mean do the math, it's easy to see PS4 to beat One. And even if MS drop the price it won't change this...

I want to see an update as well. I think the game will remain about the same as far as quantity, around 30K. I expect it to decrease from a 5to3 to a 4to3.

If it stays at 5to3, the xbone will be in trouble for the first few months until Halo comes out.