By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

Mr Puggsly said:

Excuses, excuses...

There was a period the 360 was selling more units than PS3 annually. Regardless, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to struggling against Nintendo and MS. The only reason PS3 hasn't gotten where it has is because Sony sacrificed billions to boost sales. But ultimately lost much of their userbase to the 360.

I don't know why you're babbling about MS's Xbone policy changes. I don't see how that is relevant to the comment your responded to.

2007 is the only year it properly outsold it I think, 2006 the PS3 hadn't launched worldwide yet.

You can see it here: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony supports DRM just not on consoles. They are an entertainment branch that includes movies and music.

Before the Xbox One reveal Sony said used game DRM on the PS4 would be left up to publishers. 

....Good lord .....that doesn't mean they are doing it. The fact that they left it up to publishers sent EA backpeddling. MS was willing to implement it themselves which the EA obviously would've been much happier with but they couldnt pressure Sony to turn on the gamers, so it shut up EA, got the fans on Sonys side and here we are today with MS feeling the backlash and changing their policies. Sony and MS support DRM outside of the gaming industry, but MS made the mistake of forcing it down their consumers throats on the Xbox. Thank goodness they took it out for the sake of Xbox gamers everywhere.

Still, the fact that they even contemplated it is appalling. I'm just saying let's be fair here and Sony needs to be held accountable for their actions just as much as Microsoft. 

You do know that Yoshida said they never thought about it right? They do support DRM but where DRM has already been accepted, like movies and music. Games are not one of those. 

Dallinor said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Excuses, excuses...

There was a period the 360 was selling more units than PS3 annually. Regardless, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to struggling against Nintendo and MS. The only reason PS3 hasn't gotten where it has is because Sony sacrificed billions to boost sales. But ultimately lost much of their userbase to the 360.

I don't know why you're babbling about MS's Xbone policy changes. I don't see how that is relevant to the comment your responded to.

2007 is the only year it properly outsold it I think, 2006 the PS3 hadn't launched worldwide yet.

You can see it here: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

What I said appears to be accruate.

Most notably, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dallinor said:
bonkers555 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If you put that much emotion into a gaming console like rooting for your sport team then you definately cross the loyal line.

Please. Your purchase decision was swayed by your emotional response to the attitudes and actions of strangers comprising less than 1% of the install base of an electronic device.

Pretty much this. I've noticed his posts and he seems emotionally charged as well, but against Sony. The PS4 could have the best line up of exclusives titles all running at a superior performance level, and I am inclined to think he would look the other way.

Salnax said:
Cypher1980 said:
Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

You're laughing at the people who took a stand.

The people who were brave enough to voice dissent.

The people who ultimately forced this welcome change in policy.

You have got a lot of growing up to do fella.

I realize that now. Hence, the edit.

Fair enough, game on in peace.

Around the Network
JoeFlex said:
Dallinor said:

Please. 1. Your purchase decision was swayed by your emotional response to the attitudes and actions of strangers comprising less than 1% of the install base of an electronic device.

Pretty much this. 2. I've noticed his posts and he seems emotionally charged as well, but against Sony. 3. The PS4 could have the best line up of exclusives titles all running at a superior performance level, and I am inclined to think he would look the other way.

1. There is definately no emotion involve with that decision. Not going to lose any sleep because I refuse to buy a electronic device.

2. Not Sony, but stupid Sony Fanboys like some here who derail my thread completely.

3. This is exactly what I mean about you Sony fans. You guys always throw around the word "best or greatest" like it's not subjective.  You guys don't understand that there are people out there who prefer games like Mario and Halo over the PS3 exclusives like myself. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Dallinor said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Excuses, excuses...

Most notably, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to that.

And now Nintendo has gone form dominating the competition to selling less than half of what PS3 sold even at $599. Point being, history doesn't give any guarantees for the future. Microsoft reversing on the policies only means that it won't scare away potential buyers, but it won't draw in any new ones either. Playstation is still the stronger brand, and now with a more even playing field it will show.

Mr Puggsly said:
Dallinor said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Excuses, excuses...

Poor choice of words, I am sure the Playstation brand was still dominating the Xbox brand considering PS3+PSP+PS2.  DS brand was dominating anyways. And I think he meant 2008 since it appears 2007 PS3>360.

bonkers555 said:
JoeFlex said:
Dallinor said:

Please. 1. Your purchase decision was swayed by your emotional response to the attitudes and actions of strangers comprising less than 1% of the install base of an electronic device.

Pretty much this. 2. I've noticed his posts and he seems emotionally charged as well, but against Sony. 3. The PS4 could have the best line up of exclusives titles all running at a superior performance level, and I am inclined to think he would look the other way.

1. There is definately no emotion involve with that decision. Not going to lose any sleep because I refuse to buy a electronic device.

2. Not Sony, but stupid Sony Fanboys like some here who derail my thread completely.

3. This is exactly what I mean about you Sony fans. You guys always throw around the word "best or greatest" like it's not subjective.  You guys don't understand that there are people out there who prefer games like Mario and Halo over the PS3 exclusives like myself. 

I would not say he is a Sony fan considering some of his posts, in fact says hes playing Halo over PS3 exclusives.

I never left was going to get the system anyways. However I now have both PS4 & Xbox One reserved and fully paid for plus 2 games for each at launch. All tax free! :) Got $1071 in in-store credit for my Wii U, PS3, Vita plus 60 games overall, Kinect and rock band instruments. Only thing I still have is Ncaa Football 13 & Skyrim alogn with my Xbox 360. I am also the only person to reserve either of the systems thus far at my game retail outlet by my house. Woot woot!!

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad