By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

LIke I said, E3 has already passed. Sony won that week. They got the most positive press and that's that. 
Microsoft reacted to Sony's PS4 policies.

PS4.

Sony got good press solely because of the DRM stuff.

Xbox won hands down in regards to games.

Wasn't just the DRM stuff. It was also the indie love and the $399 price point. The best games we saw at E3 were multiplatform.

Xbox One had Titanfal though. That game looks great in terms of gameplay. That's the only game I wish was coming to PS4. Forza, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive and Ryse are all easily a PASS for me even if I had an Xbox One. Killer Instinct is great considering its free to play but I just started playing Tekken Revolution on PS3. I got my free fighter fix. 

THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS, DON'T HATE ME FOR THEM.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

Wasn't just the DRM stuff. It was also the indie love and the $399 price point. The best games we saw at E3 were multiplatform.

Xbox One had Titanfal though. That game looks great in terms of gameplay. That's the only game I wish was coming to PS4. Forza, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive and Ryse are all easily a PASS for me even if I had an Xbox One. Killer Instinct is great considering its free to play but I just started playing Tekken Revolution on PS3. I got my free fighter fix. 

Xbox had some "indie love" as well. The best things going for PS3 were price and no DRM.

As I said before, MS got more attention in regards to games even if they aren't your cup of tea.

Tekken and Killer Instinct... uhmmm... apples and oranges.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Cypher1980 said:
Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

You're laughing at the people who took a stand.

The people who were brave enough to voice dissent.

The people who ultimately forced this welcome change in policy.

You have got a lot of growing up to do fella.

I realize that now. Hence, the edit.

Love and tolerate.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

Xbox had some "indie love" as well. The best things going for PS3 were price and no DRM.

As I said before, MS got more attention in regards to games even if they aren't your cup of tea.

Minecraft isnt' exactly and indie game anymore, besides, its already on 360 and most popular on PC.

I saw Sony announce like 9 exclusive PS4 indies as launch. How many did Microsoft announce? Like 2?

It's not even just about the indies though. PS4 had plenty of AAA titles even if they weren't demoed on stage. inFamous and Killzone looked fuckin' amazing.

@bold
Both are fighters, both are free to play. It's a fair comparison. Besides, Killer Instinct isn't something you would buy an Xbox One for, is it?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony supports DRM just not on consoles. They are an entertainment branch that includes movies and music.

Before the Xbox One reveal Sony said used game DRM on the PS4 would be left up to publishers. 

....Good lord .....that doesn't mean they are doing it. The fact that they left it up to publishers sent EA backpeddling. MS was willing to implement it themselves which the EA obviously would've been much happier with but they couldnt pressure Sony to turn on the gamers, so it shut up EA, got the fans on Sonys side and here we are today with MS feeling the backlash and changing their policies. Sony and MS support DRM outside of the gaming industry, but MS made the mistake of forcing it down their consumers throats on the Xbox. Thank goodness they took it out for the sake of Xbox gamers everywhere.

Still, the fact that they even contemplated it is appalling. I'm just saying let's be fair here and Sony needs to be held accountable for their actions just as much as Microsoft. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

Minecraft isnt' exactly and indie game anymore, besides, its already on 360 and most popular on PC.

I saw Sony announce like 9 exclusive PS4 indies as launch. How many did Microsoft announce? Like 2?

It's not even just about the indies though. PS4 had plenty of AAA titles even if they weren't demoed on stage. inFamous and Killzone looked fuckin' amazing.

@bold
Both are fighters, both are free to play. It's a fair comparison. Besides, Killer Instinct isn't something you would buy an Xbox One for, is it?

You sound a little bitter about Minecraft. I'm not even sure why you're mentioning its popularity on the PC. You need to keep your bias in check sometimes. It makes it difficult for you to stay on topic.

MS didn't show off many indies, but they have supported many indie companies over the life of the 360 and said they'll keep doing that. They were too busy showing awesome Triple A games at E3. Ya know... the real reason people buy new consoles.

Killzone and Infamous look fabulous. But Xbox One exclusives got more attention.

You sound like a person that doesn't know anything about Killer Instinct. Also, you're directing that question at the wrong guy. Killer Instinct stole the show for me.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
think-man said:
Xbox loyalty is so thin, when I support something I stay to the bitter end not swap sides every couple of months.

Haha! Oh boy...

The PS2 is the best selling console of all time. Yet the 360 managed to outsell the PS3 for years primarily due to price. Many people that were once Sony fans are now Xbox fans.

Those facts must sting you a little.

The 360 never outsold the PS3 (not worldwide, it did on the USA but the USA is not the world) when you align the launches the PS3 have always outsold the 360 and thats exactly why the PS3 is now ahead of the 360 even tough its been in the market for 1 less year.

Both are great consoles but ppl use the argument that the 360 outsold the PS3 way too much when its not true.

And Im gona say this again, Microsoft crapped theyre pants and went back on theyre words out of fear instead of sticking to theyre polices (wich 1 week ago they were prazing like the second comming of Jesus) and ppl go all yaya MS listen to theyre consumers... MS was fearing for theyre lives not listening, the Xbone is a great console with some Okay exclusives (I dont think the PS4 exclusives are all that rgeta either before anyone says anything) but its 100 bucks more expensive than the competition, still dont make much sense buying one.

DakonBlackblade said:

The 360 never outsold the PS3 (not worldwide, it did on the USA but the USA is not the world) when you align the launches the PS3 have always outsold the 360 and thats exactly why the PS3 is now ahead of the 360 even tough its been in the market for 1 less year.

Both are great consoles but ppl use the argument that the 360 outsold the PS3 way too much when its not true.

And Im gona say this again, Microsoft crapped theyre pants and went back on theyre words out of fear instead of sticking to theyre polices (wich 1 week ago they were prazing like the second comming of Jesus) and ppl go all yaya MS listen to theyre consumers... MS was fearing for theyre lives not listening, the Xbone is a great console with some Okay exclusives (I dont think the PS4 exclusives are all that rgeta either before anyone says anything) but its 100 bucks more expensive than the competition, still dont make much sense buying one.

Excuses, excuses...

There was a period the 360 was selling more units than PS3 annually. Regardless, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to struggling against Nintendo and MS. The only reason PS3 hasn't gotten where it has is because Sony sacrificed billions to boost sales. But ultimately lost much of their userbase to the 360.

I don't know why you're babbling about MS's Xbone policy changes. I don't see how that is relevant to the comment your responded to.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Excuses, excuses...

There was a period the 360 was selling more units than PS3 annually. Regardless, the Playstation brand went from dominating the competition to struggling against Nintendo and MS. The only reason PS3 hasn't gotten where it has is because Sony sacrificed billions to boost sales. But ultimately lost much of their userbase to the 360.

I don't know why you're babbling about MS's Xbone policy changes. I don't see how that is relevant to the comment your responded to.

That was relevant to the thread maybe ? Its a separate coment there is a paragraph there and all you know ?

And before Xbox got a share of Sonys market Sony had goten a share of Nintendos market on the PS2 era, and Nintendo had goten a share of Segas market on the era before that, thats how this goes, every generation is a blank slate, ppl proclain theyre loyalities to this or that company but they buy the best console that have the games that they think are the most interesting. If the Xbox One wasnt so damm overpriced Id probably get one as well as a PS4 at launch I just dont see why anyone in theyre rigth mind would get a console 100 bucks more expensive than the competition when the best games on both consoles are the multiplataforms.

bonkers555 said:
nanarchy said:
think-man said:

Id say more a "loyal fan" not fanboy.

When my rugby team starts losing I dont swap to the over team and start supporting them, because im a loyal fan.

When you are making purchasing decisions based on loyalty to a company rather than value of product itself you have crossed over from just being a loyal fan. comparing supporting a rugby team when it is losing to your support of a console is really the sign of someone that is not just a loyal fan.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If you put that much emotion into a gaming console like rooting for your sport team then you definately cross the loyal line.

Please. Your purchase decision was swayed by your emotional response to the attitudes and actions of strangers comprising less than 1% of the install base of an electronic device.