By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

VGKing said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Sony doesnt care about you either. No corporation cares about you.

I beg to differ. They care more than Microsoft that's for sure. You see Sony understood that if you anger the customer, they won't buy our product. Microsft quickly found out this once they saw pre-order data for Xbox One and PS4. Right, BenVTrigger?

Sony had a DRM system in place as well, they had patents for it way back during the holidays of 2012. They just did a better job of being discreet about it and then they pretend to be our friends. It just so happens Microsoft was the guinea pig and went first, so Sony capitalized on it okay.

Sony doesn't have a choice but to play it safe this gen because they f...ed up so bad last gen. Sony wouldn't dare anger their customers again since they spent this whole gen riding Microsoft and Nintendo's coattails and have finally caught up. Microsoft has more to lose, Sony does not. Sony's pockets aren't nearly as deep as Microsoft's so I would be more concerned about them. Microsoft cares about their customers but at the end of the day they are a business and they have to make money some how in order to keep the Xbox brand alive.

Around the Network
Dmick90 said:
VGKing said:

I beg to differ. They care more than Microsoft that's for sure. You see Sony understood that if you anger the customer, they won't buy our product. Microsft quickly found out this once they saw pre-order data for Xbox One and PS4. Right, BenVTrigger?

Sony had a DRM system in place as well, they had patents for it way back during the holidays of 2012. They just did a better job of being discreet about it and then they pretend to be our friends. It just so happens Microsoft was the guinea pig and went first, so Sony capitalized on it okay.

Sony doesn't have a choice but to play it safe this gen because they f...ed up so bad last gen. Sony wouldn't dare anger their customers again since they spent this whole gen riding Microsoft and Nintendo's coattails and have finally caught up. Microsoft has more to lose, Sony does not. Sony's pockets aren't nearly as deep as Microsoft's so I would be more concerned about them. Microsoft cares about their customers but at the end of the day they are a business and they have to make money some how in order to keep the Xbox brand alive.

Sony supports DRM just not on consoles. They are an entertainment branch that includes movies and music.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
VGKing said:

Sony supports DRM just not on consoles. They are an entertainment branch that includes movies and music.

Before the Xbox One reveal Sony said used game DRM on the PS4 would be left up to publishers. 

Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Before the Xbox One reveal Sony said used game DRM on the PS4 would be left up to publishers. 

....Good lord .....that doesn't mean they are doing it. The fact that they left it up to publishers sent EA backpeddling. MS was willing to implement it themselves which the EA obviously would've been much happier with but they couldnt pressure Sony to turn on the gamers, so it shut up EA, got the fans on Sonys side and here we are today with MS feeling the backlash and changing their policies. Sony and MS support DRM outside of the gaming industry, but MS made the mistake of forcing it down their consumers throats on the Xbox. Thank goodness they took it out for the sake of Xbox gamers everywhere.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

....Good lord .....that doesn't mean they are doing it.

What? You mean Sony will actively prevent DRM on PS4? You must be kidding, right? Of course they will let the publishers decide what to do with their games, like they do now. And publishers will of course implement DRM, just like this gen.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

Al that does is bumb you down to silver. Pay for your sub again and everything is back to normal. you can go from silver to gold to silver to gold.

Fifaguy360 said:
Salnax said:
I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Thanks to them MS dropped out the DRM plans. When MS saw they were losing, they succumbed to the power of consumers.

MS still lost me as a customer for having the audacity of trying such a dick move on gamers. I just bought a PS3 and will be buying PS4.

Best post in this thread.
MS tried to steal our consumer rights. Only when they saw people were voting with their wallets, they backpedaled.

So someone tries to steal from you, sees the negative reaction and then decides not to. And you just turn around and offer the other cheek?

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Mr Puggsly said:
DevilRising said:
Still have zero interest/attraction in the Xbox brand in general, so this news affects me very little.

Good for you. I would love to hear about everything you have little or no interest in.

Thanks. It's a free internet forum where people express their opinions. I have plenty more opinions that I could share with you at any time, upon request.

Seriously? This is a thread asking people whether or not Microsoft's announcement changes their mind about Xbone. I gave mine. Get real.

People arguing which system is better, which company "Cares more about the gamer", etc......LOL

It's all semantics and personal belief, honestly. All companies are out to get your money. Though if we're really going to go with the "which company cares more about their fans" rout, I would suggest perhaps that Nintendo does. At the very least, they put out the games that make their fans happy, and they don't try corporate BS to screw their customers over.

I basically feel exactly as I did before E3 came and went. I'm good with my choice of console for this coming generation. The Wii U may be less powerful, and may get less third party multi-console games, BUT, it's also the only system with backwards compatibility, the only system that doesn't charge you to play online, the only system with, for a fact, ZERO DRM policy at all, even if publishers want to do it, Nintendo isn't going that route, and no "always online" requirement, no stance against used games, etc. Their exclusives tend to appeal to me far more than Sony or MS', and while I'm sure I might miss out on a few games that I'd like to play (damn you The Last Guardian for not coming out on PS3), I think I'll be fine. Between Nintendo's franchises, the ton of eShop indie games continually being announced, and the handful of third party games that might actually interest me (IE not just another kind of shooter), I think I'll be content.

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dmick90 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

....Good lord .....that doesn't mean they are doing it.

What? You mean Sony will actively prevent DRM on PS4? You must be kidding, right? Of course they will let the publishers decide what to do with their games, like they do now. And publishers will of course implement DRM, just like this gen.

Third parties are allowed to do it if they see fit, but Sony are not implementing it. Its no different to the PS3 in that light, which means if third parties do its on their own games discs thats between them and the consumer...not Sony and the consumer. DRM is on the disc or software not the PS3 or PS4. In the coming weeks EA is going to reveal their policy on used games because Sony put pressure on them by just not accepting it and making DRM manditory. Microsoft was willing to implement the DRM themselves and now its gone, because they saw how people sided with Sony.

“EA has a position of looking at used games from a user standpoint and a gamer standpoint,” he said. “We will definitely be looking at gamer-first and creating an opportunity to have a relationship with used games such that it’s a positive experience.”

This was after E3, so Sonys effect made waves were it counts.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/12/ea-crafting-a-used-games-policy-for-xbox-one/