By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

starcraft said:
Nem said:
Just pray Microsoft doesnt shove DRM back down your throat when they have the console safe.

And i tell you, i'm sure they will.

That would, quite literally, be illegal.

Would it? Because you're buying it with DRM. Microsoft is just letting you download a patch to turn it off for the time beeing. It wouldnt be anymore illegal than what you are buying day 1 with the box. Proceed at your own risk.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
mibuokami said:
dobby985 said:
VGKing said:
You really think they did this because they are listening to their fans? They did this because Sony had too many advantages.
-No DRM
-Lower Price
-More Power

They eliminated one of those advantages Sony had and no it can actually be a competition. Microsoft doesn't care about you, they care about sales. By now they already have pre-order data and I'm betting they were horrified at how fast the Xbox brand was being destroyed.

Sony doesnt care about you either. No corporation cares about you.

THIS 100%

Don't be fool by Sony's 'for the consumer' speech, Sony is for Sony and Microsoft is for Microsoft.

The later issued policy that witness HUGE public outcry and the former took advantage.

The real reason why both companies are now clearly stating #NODRM is consumer activism and the voice of the people being heard! We are but pebbles, but joined together we caused an avalanche that toppled the media, Sony and finally Microsoft.

Vive la Revolution!

Sony has been saying since Feburary that hey had no plans for DRM in their console at all. They hadn't even thought about it. Because of Microsofts actions people werent buying it and forcing Sony to keep the same answer until it sunk in. At E3 Tretton said the same thing they've always said. Sony is a more consumer friendly company that Microsoft. MS is used to listening to no one but MS and only making deals with heavy hitters and their consumers get what they get. This isn't just an Xbox mentality the same goes for Windows, Zune..you name it.

Sony is more consumer friendly? The same Sony that introduced the Rootkit? The same Sony that made their answer ambigious with respect to DRM and used game? The $599 blue-ray trojan horse Sony? Google the actual stories of DRM back in FEeb, they had mixed messages too, they got away with it because it was February and everyone understand that policy was still up in the air... Many indsutry veteran had already been speculation even back then the posibility of DRM for next gen.

I was a day one adopter of the PS3 and will get the PS4 over the Xbox this gen as well. I like the type of product (games) Sony gives and their policy IS alligned with consumer interest right now.

But as for trust in a big corporation? I reserve that for Valve, because THEY don't have to answer to shareholders, and fat Gabe is filled with love and processed cheese.

Sony never gave an ambiguous answer, no one was willing to listen since everyone was up in arms aboutn Microsoft. Microsoft scared the shit out of everyone. I dont trust corporations either, but Sony knows where they stand with consumers now since the PS3 incident. Sony has made their mistakes, but their mistakes dont mess with gamer ownership. Sony's screw up with the price of the PS3 was all Kutaragi's fault trying to put everything he could into the PS3 to make it a beast. It was but it caused Sony to bleed from the ears.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony never gave an ambiguous answer, no one was willing to listen since everyone was up in arms aboutn Microsoft. Microsoft scared the shit out of everyone. I dont trust corporations either, but Sony knows where they stand with consumers now since the PS3 incident. Sony has made their mistakes, but their mistakes dont mess with gamer ownership. Sony's screw up with the price of the PS3 was all Kutaragi's fault trying to put everything he could into the PS3 to make it a beast. It was but it caused Sony to bleed from the ears.

Sony made 1 statement about used game in Feb, it was from Shuhei.

"Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers.  They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation... So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

Used game can be played on PS4! This was very specfically worded after speaking with PR. They also stated that the PS4 is 'not always online' something that MS ALSO specfically stated during their conference only to backtrack on the same day with the  'lol 24hrs is not always online' bullshit.

So yes, Sony has never made their policy clear until E3, that's why when there was such a big cheer during their conference when they finally cleared up their policy.

But we're getting off the point which is very simple:

Never assume a corporation cares for you, treat them like Thai hookers: use and forget... and when they scream 'you so big' they're talking about your fcken wallet.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
eFKac said:
So I'm curious, cause you wanted to skip both Xbone and PS4. And now they are pretty much the same in terms of DRM policies, used games, online etc. Will you buy the PS4 as well?

sony killed sega , he does not like sony xD

ending a sentence with "xD" when saying sony killed sega tells a lot about you.

mibuokami said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

"Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers.  They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation... So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

Used game can be played on PS4! This was very specfically worded after speaking with PR. They also stated that the PS4 is 'not always online' something that MS ALSO specfically stated during their conference only to backtrack on the same day with the  'lol 24hrs is not always online' bullshit.

So yes, Sony has never made their policy clear until E3, that's why when there was such a big cheer during their conference when they finally cleared up their policy.

Never assume a corporation cares for you, treat them like Thai hookers: use and forget... and when they scream 'you so big' they're talking about your fcken wallet.

He had more than one interview actually, there was the initial one and then a follow up like a week later in February.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Salnax said:
I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

you should have seen that fat guy on youtube who axed his 360 once he heard the rumors of the DRM and always online. i wonder how the fuck he feels right now haha

You know it was an act right? :p  I love that guy, makes good vids

VGKing said:
Ronster316 said:

VGKing said:

E3 finished last week. Sony won that.

They did? funny that, if i recall people said that sony won "purely" becuse of the DRM fiasco........ theres been a change in that decision, new champ so to speak.

XBOX ONE.

LIke I said, E3 has already passed. Sony won that week. They got the most positive press and that's that. 
Microsoft reacted to Sony's PS4 policies.

PS4.

Yes, they won at the time due to DRM (that aside not many were impressed with their showing).

At the time of E3 it will go down as a sony victory  (so you are of course right), but now that the dust has settled, and with microsofts impressive showing of games.........

Microsoft won it in hindsight.

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

S.T.A.G.E. said:
mibuokami said:

He had more than one interview actually, there was the initial one and then a follow up like a week later in February.

I've read a lot of them, no further clairification and every source claim use game was 'ok' was sourcing the same interview as I mentioned above. Would love a link and happily retract the above if it is true, I've kept close track though and I don't believe anything else exist.

Nem said:
starcraft said:
Nem said:
Just pray Microsoft doesnt shove DRM back down your throat when they have the console safe.

And i tell you, i'm sure they will.

That would, quite literally, be illegal.

Would it? Because you're buying it with DRM. Microsoft is just letting you download a patch to turn it off for the time beeing. It wouldnt be anymore illegal than what you are buying day 1 with the box. Proceed at your own risk.

In fairness, I wont speak for countries other than my own.

In Australia, this would firmly fall under the theme of 'not performing as advertised' alongside 'functioning in a different manner to presented' and you would be entitled to a full refund.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Nem said:

In fairness, I wont speak for countries other than my own.

In Australia, this would firmly fall under the theme of 'not performing as advertised' alongside 'functioning in a different manner to presented' and you would be entitled to a full refund.

I've stated this in other thread, Australia/NZ and similiar law in Europe would butcher MS if this happen. Even in the US they would be facing litigations. Once this bomb drops there's no going back. QFT