By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

KylieDog said:
Seece said:
Nem said:
Just pray Microsoft doesnt shove DRM back down your throat when they have the console safe.

And i tell you, i'm sure they will.

They won't. The outrage would be bigger than before not to mention it wouldn't even be legal in Europe.

That law is never getting enforced in Europe, how is selling your Steam games working for you?  Or PSN, XBLA etc. 

If MS get enough users they'll do it, once people have in say 2 years spent $500 on a system, $300-500 in games, $150 digital stuff....are they really just going to walk away from that, it is like it or lump it, unless willing to lose a huge investment.  Is why many people stuck with 360 despite repeated RROD, they already spent so much on the games and to sell them would see very little return, digital stuff would have been a complete loss.

If MS get a large enough userbase they will evaluate turning it back on somehow, even if it is only for games from that point on, not counting existing titles.  They want to do it, so will try there best to do it.

You don't even know what law I'm going on about Kylie. When you buy steam games you're accepting you can't resell them. If you bought an Xbox One (with all the DRM in tact) you would agree that is what you're buying.

If it changed after you bought the product, and in some cases made it unfit for purpose and not as described, then yes that's illegal and everyone would be entitled to a full refund.