By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

AnthonyW86 said:

And now Nintendo has gone form dominating the competition to selling less than half of what PS3 sold even at $599. Point being, history doesn't give any guarantees for the future. Microsoft reversing on the policies only means that it won't scare away potential buyers, but it won't draw in any new ones either. Playstation is still the stronger brand, and now with a more even playing field it will show.

But had Sony priced the PS3 more competitively, they would have easily dominated the 7th gen. The only thing that stopped Sony from dominating the 7th gen was Sony.

The Wii did extremely well... but lost momentum in its later years. It lost so much momentum people didn't even care about Nintendo's next console. It doesn't have an interesting gimmick either.

I agree, Playstation is a strong brand. And it was much stronger before Sony scared fans away in 2006 with 599 US Dollars.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Xbox had some "indie love" as well. The best things going for PS3 were price and no DRM.

As I said before, MS got more attention in regards to games even if they aren't your cup of tea.

Tekken and Killer Instinct... uhmmm... apples and oranges.

Minecraft isnt' exactly and indie game anymore, besides, its already on 360 and most popular on PC.

I saw Sony announce like 9 exclusive PS4 indies as launch. How many did Microsoft announce? Like 2?

It's not even just about the indies though. PS4 had plenty of AAA titles even if they weren't demoed on stage. inFamous and Killzone looked fuckin' amazing.

@bold
Both are fighters, both are free to play. It's a fair comparison. Besides, Killer Instinct isn't something you would buy an Xbox One for, is it?

You sound a little bitter about Minecraft. I'm not even sure why you're mentioning its popularity on the PC. You need to keep your bias in check sometimes. It makes it difficult for you to stay on topic.

MS didn't show off many indies, but they have supported many indie companies over the life of the 360 and said they'll keep doing that. They were too busy showing awesome Triple A games at E3. Ya know... the real reason people buy new consoles.

Killzone and Infamous look fabulous. But Xbox One exclusives got more attention.

You sound like a person that doesn't know anything about Killer Instinct. Also, you're directing that question at the wrong guy. Killer Instinct stole the show for me.

You said Microsoft killed it with exclusives, Minecraft isn't really one of them. No bitterness here. The indie thing is common knowledge now. I dont' feel like explaining to you why Sony has the better indie support with PS4.

I know plenty about Killer Instinct. Fighting game made by Rare back in the days. New one isn't. I'm sure it'll be great though. 

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

Farsala said:

Poor choice of words, I am sure the Playstation brand was still dominating the Xbox brand considering PS3+PSP+PS2.  DS brand was dominating anyways. And I think he meant 2008 since it appears 2007 PS3>360.

Sure, I should have worded that differently.

It used to only take a single platform Sony platform to dominate the competition.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Farsala said:
bonkers555 said:

1. There is definately no emotion involve with that decision. Not going to lose any sleep because I refuse to buy a electronic device.

2. Not Sony, but stupid Sony Fanboys like some here who derail my thread completely.

3. This is exactly what I mean about you Sony fans. You guys always throw around the word "best or greatest" like it's not subjective.  You guys don't understand that there are people out there who prefer games like Mario and Halo over the PS3 exclusives like myself. 

I would not say he is a Sony fan considering some of his posts, in fact says hes playing Halo over PS3 exclusives.

Well guess we both made bad assumption. He claim that I hate Sony which is further from the truth. I admit that I dislike Sony Fans and the PS3 but it seem he haven't seen post where I made about PSN+ is amazing, PSP and the PS VIta is my all-time favorite handheld and how the PS1 is my second favorite gaming console of all-time. If he chose to ignore those posts then I choose to ignore his posts.

VGKing said:

You said Microsoft killed it with exclusives, Minecraft isn't really one of them. No bitterness here. The indie thing is common knowledge now. I dont' feel like explaining to you why Sony has the better indie support with PS4.

I know plenty about Killer Instinct. Fighting game made by Rare back in the days. New one isn't. I'm sure it'll be great though. 

Why are you even babbling about Minecraft? Seems you can't get your mind off that game.

Sony has better indie support because they kept going with MS. Things had to change.

Good, you're familar with KI. But if playing Tekken Revolution satisfies your fighting game itch... well the new KI isn't for you.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

Why are you even babbling about Minecraft? Seems you can't get your mind off that game.

Sony has better indie support because they kept going with MS. Things had to change.

Good, you're familar with KI. But if playing Tekken Revolution satisfies your fighting game itch... well the new KI isn't for you.

I answered your question lmfao. Seems your the one with some kind of problem with Minecraft...chill dude. 

You said MS got some indie love at E3 so where is it? Can you mention a few names please? Nicely this time.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

I answered your question lmfao. Seems your the one with some kind of problem with Minecraft...chill dude. 

You said MS got some indie love at E3 so where is it? Can you mention a few names please? Nicely this time.

You've mentioned Minecraft in just about all your responses. I'm not sure what your point is.

Honestly, I can't name any of the indie games shown. But other than the few shown for the One, I believe there were some for the Xbox 360. Honestly, I don't care much for indie games. I occasionally try them out, but its bigger games that really appeal to me. That's what MS showed more of.

I think you're boasting that Sony showed more indie games? Seems like ignoring MS's long support of indies simply because Sony showed more indie titles at E3.

Recently Completed

Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

I didn't have a gold account, and I did sell my 360, because it didn't have WiFi, I wasn't using it, and I didn't know what the future would hold for it.  I needed the money also.

Mr Puggsly said:

I was simply pointing out how worthless that comment was.

I expressed my opinion. Deal with it.

And I'm simply pointing out how worthless YOUR reply/comment was.

Take your own advice. I was expressing MY opinion on the question the thread asked.. So grow up, and deal with it.

DevilRising said:

And I'm simply pointing out how worthless YOUR reply/comment was.

Take your own advice. I was expressing MY opinion on the question the thread asked.. So grow up, and deal with it.

Hey, you're the one that started the useless comments. :-p

It didn't demonstrate how grown up you are, sir.

Recently Completed