By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - And now I'm back in Xbox One corner!

Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

You're laughing at the people who took a stand.

The people who were brave enough to voice dissent.

The people who ultimately forced this welcome change in policy.

You have got a lot of growing up to do fella.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:

Unfortunately, no one was talking about the game, even juggernauts like Titanfall became nothing more than a gaf meme thanks to the #DRM heat.

Now that MS has finally done the right thing thanks to consumer pressure, we can finally get back to healthy competition where the most important things is and always should be the games.

You're taking this out of context. I'm pointing out PS4 had hype because of their stance on DRM. If we're looking solely at the games, MS got more attention.

There was talk about Xbox exclusives. Perhaps you didn't notice because you're just hanging out in bias forums?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DevilRising said:
Mr Puggsly said:
DevilRising said:
Still have zero interest/attraction in the Xbox brand in general, so this news affects me very little.

Good for you. I would love to hear about everything you have little or no interest in.

Thanks. It's a free internet forum where people express their opinions. I have plenty more opinions that I could share with you at any time, upon request.

Seriously? This is a thread asking people whether or not Microsoft's announcement changes their mind about Xbone. I gave mine. Get real.

I was simply pointing out how worthless that comment was.

I expressed my opinion. Deal with it.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Damnyouall said:
Fifaguy360 said:

Thanks to them MS dropped out the DRM plans. When MS saw they were losing, they succumbed to the power of consumers.

MS still lost me as a customer for having the audacity of trying such a dick move on gamers. I just bought a PS3 and will be buying PS4.

Best post in this thread.
MS tried to steal our consumer rights. Only when they saw people were voting with their wallets, they backpedaled.

So someone tries to steal from you, sees the negative reaction and then decides not to. And you just turn around and offer the other cheek?

Sony tried something similar with the PSP Go. But we forgave them.

Maybe people will forgive MS for not actually going through with it like Sony did with the PSP Go.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
mibuokami said:

Unfortunately, no one was talking about the game, even juggernauts like Titanfall became nothing more than a gaf meme thanks to the #DRM heat.

Now that MS has finally done the right thing thanks to consumer pressure, we can finally get back to healthy competition where the most important things is and always should be the games.

You're taking this out of context. I'm pointing out PS4 had hype because of their stance on DRM. If we're looking solely at the games, MS got more attention.

There was talk about Xbox exclusives. Perhaps you didn't notice because you're just hanging out in bias forums?

Um my statement is pretty much exactly what you said.

Despite an arguable superior showing at E3, Sony was voted by every media outlet as the BIG winner coming out of E3. People talk about the game, but everything MS did was being overshadow by DRM. The discussion of every blog/journo/podcast was "Sony stabbed MS in the back - now lets go over the games". It is so rare to see games being a secondary concern at E3!

Now that we've removed that obstacle, we will get back to the proper way to win a console war - which is with exclusive games and pricing.

And btw, my gaming preference is a bit less mainstream and even then I had a mark preference for some of their showing. I love Titanfall, the only mainstream FPS that impressed me at E3 but that game is going on the PC because the only way I enjoy playing FPS is with a mouse and keyboard. What really held my interest was Crimson Dragon and D4.

Around the Network

Dam my thread got derailed pretty fast. What a shame....

bonkers555 said:
Dam my thread got derailed pretty fast. What a shame....

Tell'em you'll switch to the other side and you'll get it on the "right track" again.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Cypher1980 said:
Salnax said:

I'm laughing at people who already sold their 360 and cancelled their Gold memberships.

Edit: Alright, you guys have made good points.

You're laughing at the people who took a stand.

The people who were brave enough to voice dissent.

The people who ultimately forced this welcome change in policy.

You have got a lot of growing up to do fella.

Indeed. And Microsoft spat in our face; just because they now wiped it away doesn't mean it never happened.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Dmick90 said:
VGKing said:
dobby985 said:

Sony doesnt care about you either. No corporation cares about you.

I beg to differ. They care more than Microsoft that's for sure. You see Sony understood that if you anger the customer, they won't buy our product. Microsft quickly found out this once they saw pre-order data for Xbox One and PS4. Right, BenVTrigger?

Sony had a DRM system in place as well, they had patents for it way back during the holidays of 2012. They just did a better job of being discreet about it and then they pretend to be our friends. It just so happens Microsoft was the guinea pig and went first, so Sony capitalized on it okay.

Sony doesn't have a choice but to play it safe this gen because they f...ed up so bad last gen. Sony wouldn't dare anger their customers again since they spent this whole gen riding Microsoft and Nintendo's coattails and have finally caught up. Microsoft has more to lose, Sony does not. Sony's pockets aren't nearly as deep as Microsoft's so I would be more concerned about them. Microsoft cares about their customers but at the end of the day they are a business and they have to make money some how in order to keep the Xbox brand alive.

And? Sony files a plethora of patents, but never enacts them. They're 'just in case' measures. Just because the filed them doesn't mean they were intent on using them. Check their track record - a VERY low percentage of their patents with respect to Playstation are enacted.

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

Captain_Tom said:

Well look at it this way:

-In the US the PS4 is seemingly shipping 3x the consoles at launch anyways so it isn't up to MS if it will outsell it by that much since PS4's are almost all sold out already.

-The PS4 is surely going to launch at least a week ahead of the Xbox One to further undercut it. (Call it conjecture but they will to counter DRM)

-The Xbox's TV features won't work outside of the US so Europe is even more Sony's land.

-Sony dominates Asia already and now they are launching a full year in that country (Or close) ahead of the Xbox One while being stronger, Costing far less, having more games (In that region), and not completely making a fool of themselves.

Thus I expect Sony to eat most of MS's European market, 50%+ of MS's Asian market (Since it is already so small), and 50%+ of MS's US market.  That should easily lead to a first year ratio of 3:1.  I could be wrong, but you have to admit I have some valid points and MS's posion is REALLY bad right now.

Side Note:  How do they make DRM worth it?   By explaining it better, not being as arragant, making the DRM only apply if your game is installed, and allowing game sharing if you accept DRM.  Still not great, but now they just look like they have no clue what they are doing...

isnt the PS4 just going to release in europe and US this year? also maybe now with the region free and no drm issues ms will release in asia sooner? there are still a lot of stuff that need to be cleared up