By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/report-microsoft-to-drop-used-game-restrictions-online-requirements.aspx#.UcIZOBxj25g.twitter

No more friends and family sharing but effectively 360 situation.

It would have been less painful for them had they done this in the first place. Pretty embarressing for them to be honest, but at least they did make the change.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Aww, I wanted my social experiment.

Ah well, good news for gamers, at least.

crissindahouse said:
any information about game sharing? i would really hate if we lose that now.

Aye, I really hope that didn't change.

So now that this whole DRM thing is cleared up can we focus on how awesome the Xbox One games look? :-p

crissindahouse said:

It's gone for physical copies. It may still be there for digital though.

My guess is $399.99 XBox One will be the next thing they cave on. To be honest I think some gamers made too much of a stink.

Being able to share games like they were proposing with any 10 friends >>>>> buying a crappy scratched disc copy from Gamestop.

Around the Network

Holy freakin fuck, this might be the biggest cop out in videogame history. HAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nonetheless this is good news for us

Madword said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/19/report-microsoft-to-drop-used-game-restrictions-online-requirements.aspx#.UcIZOBxj25g.twitter

No more friends and family sharing but effectively 360 situation.

It would have been less painful for them had they done this in the first place. Pretty embarressing for them to be honest, but at least they did make the change.

what the fuck! now the xbox one is worse as before for me (i know that i'm pretty much the only one who thinks so)

''PS4 is no competition''

''power of the cloud''

Hahaha. Damn I am laughing. Xbox 180. Good for gamers though.

yo_john117 said:
crissindahouse said:

Aye, I really hope that didn't change.

So now that this whole DRM thing is cleared up can we focus on how awesome the Xbox One games look? :-p

It's gone now..the sharing bit I mean

OT: This is fantastic! Consumers won in the end

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Let's see what Neo gaf have to say.