By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

It would be great if the sharing aspects were retained for digital distribution (hopefully Sony and Steam follow suit with the sharing).

Around the Network

Well, good for them. I mean, they'd have to have been completely deaf to ignore the negative reaction, but at least they weren't too stubborn to change things.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update It's real. Keep refreshing this page if you can.

Sadly you will still be required internet to set up the console. After that? No longer needed.

It's just that simple.

BenVTrigger said:
I CANNOT believe how fast stuff changed.

Holy mother of god in less than 24 hours

Maybe their internet went out.

TruckOSaurus said:
Michael-5 said:

I see nothing about the 24 hour check in, used games, or the biggest issue, kinect always on.

In fact, this just confirms my issues with Kinect, always listening......

It's been confirmed long ago that you can turn off Kinect in the Xbox One settings.

From what I read, you can't disable Kinect. When did they change that? Could you point me to a thread or link?

Heck, disable it or not, I want to be able to physically unplug my Kinect unit. That's the only way I know my privacy is protected.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

SONY. ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE RESPOND.

So this pretty much confirms TEH INFINITY POWA OF TEH CL@D$ was pure and absolute BULLSHIT.

Took forever to load the page, but it seems legit.

Now all they have to do is lower the price and announce Crackdown 3. And give me ice cream.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

mutantclown said:
So this pretty much confirms TEH INFINITY POWA OF TEH CL@D$ was pure and absolute BULLSHIT.

what does it change with the cloud? before they changed that, you could also play offline when you were online the last 24 hours. 

but sure, "infinite power" is bullshit.

From one thread to another, i went from rumoured to confirmed! :D

Glad that MS changed their policies.