By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

Wagram said:
BenVTrigger said:
I CANNOT believe how fast stuff changed.

Holy mother of god in less than 24 hours

Maybe their internet went out.

I mean FOR REAL.

The stuff that I was hearing yesterday wouldve basically just handed Sony the NA market. It appears MS knew this as well and.....here we are!

Absolutly insane

Around the Network

Honestly, I admire them for this.

It takes some guts to admit that your policy was foolish, unpopular and doomed to failure, and they realised in time and changed that policy. It's a lot better than many gaming companies manage.

The console is now competitive with the PS4 for really the first time.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

gooch_destroyer said:
Let's see what Neo gaf have to say.

You mean SonyGaf?

But didn´t they just fuck EA over? I have read an article where they said EA Ubisoft and several other major publishers where pushing those policies. And MS enabled them with those restirctions. I am really courious to see how they are going to react now.

So MS is down to the following problems
- $100 price difference
- Not as powerful as PS4
- Supply constraints

Anything else?

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

I mean FOR REAL.

The stuff that I was hearing yesterday wouldve basically just handed Sony the NA market. It appears MS knew this as well and.....here we are!

Absolutly insane

Spill whatcha been hearing maan :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BenVTrigger said:
Wagram said:
BenVTrigger said:
I CANNOT believe how fast stuff changed.

Holy mother of god in less than 24 hours

Maybe their internet went out.

I mean FOR REAL.

Absolutly insane

Definitely, there is no company winner currently.

Consumers/gamers are the true winners here for standing up for what they believe in.

Also foudn this meme which I find hilarious:

Kantor said:
Honestly, I admire them for this.

It takes some guts to admit that your policy was foolish, unpopular and doomed to failure, and they realised in time and changed that policy. It's a lot better than many gaming companies manage.

The console is now competitive with the PS4 for really the first time.

What about used games?

Soundwave said:

My guess is $399.99 XBox One will be the next thing they cave on. To be honest I think some gamers made too much of a stink.

Being able to share games like they were proposing with any 10 friends >>>>> buying a crappy scratched disc copy from Gamestop.

XB One needs to cost more then PS4 because of Kinect. If anything XBOne will be first to have a price cut, or they might make an "arcade" model.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

CGI-Quality said:
Attoyou said:
Too bad for Sony that MS wasn't dumb enough to go through with it lol. Good for gamers though! will pick up the Xbox One at some point.

Eh, I think it's better this way. I doubt this will hurt the PS4 at all, to be honest, but at least Microsoft has a much better chance than before.

Sure it will. Sony pretty much had next gen in their pocket. PS4 had more freedom, its cheaper, its more powerful...

And the massive internet hate campaign will slow down. This is gonna make the Xbox One look a lot better. I would even say Xbox One has the better game lineup. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords