By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

crissindahouse said:
any information about game sharing? i would really hate if we lose that now.

Unfortuantely, that is now out the window. Too bad they couldn't have left it an option like it was suggested. I would have preferred to have the 10 family/friend sharing with restrictions.

"These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray. "

Seems that Xbox games are region free as well.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
But didn´t they just fuck EA over? I have read an article where they said EA Ubisoft and several other major publishers where pushing those policies. And MS enabled them with those restirctions. I am really courious to see how they are going to react now.

What is EA, Ubi, etc. going to say?

"Screw you for listening to the consumer!"

It was lose/lose for MS and third parties up front.

MS listened to the investors and fans.

It's just that simple.

Nsanity said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Let's see what Neo gaf have to say.

You mean SonyGaf?

Yeah. They really love Vita too.... Oh wait.

Nsanity said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Let's see what Neo gaf have to say.

You mean SonyGaf?

Come on that's just nonsense. The thread with unveiling had pretty much everyone being happy about this. Just because people didn't like their BS policies doesn't make them biased

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nsanity said:
Kantor said:
Honestly, I admire them for this.

It takes some guts to admit that your policy was foolish, unpopular and doomed to failure, and they realised in time and changed that policy. It's a lot better than many gaming companies manage.

The console is now competitive with the PS4 for really the first time.

What about used games?

"Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

This seems pretty unambiguous to me.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
yo_john117 said:
crissindahouse said:

Aye, I really hope that didn't change.

So now that this whole DRM thing is cleared up can we focus on how awesome the Xbox One games look? :-p

It's gone now..the sharing bit I mean

OT: This is fantastic! Consumers won in the end

Really? :/  Link?

They really should have given you the option to register your games like the PC does and then the digital game sharing thing would work.

crissindahouse said:

Well you can do it the old fashioned way now by actually letting your friends borrow your physical games.

M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:

I mean FOR REAL.

The stuff that I was hearing yesterday wouldve basically just handed Sony the NA market. It appears MS knew this as well and.....here we are!

Absolutly insane

Spill whatcha been hearing maan :D

Hmmmm

I wouldnt be surprised if some more stock for X1 shows up for pre order soon. It sure would be nice for the consumers.....

Good news for microsoft fans, makes all the people who were defending the policies look abit daft now

Bradford City Fan for life

Recent favourite games: Ni No Kuni, Fifa 13, Batman Arkham City

Best games of all time: Pokemon Red, Dragon Warrior 3, The last of us, Uncharted 2 and 3

3ds friend code add me: 1950-8131-6814

PSN ID: Mr_Vezzo_Khanny - add to start a clan in the last of us mutiplayer

what happened to THE FUTURE?

what happened to the Xbone being CONCEIVED AS AN ALWAYS-ONLINE EXPERIENCE that would take great benefit from the infinite power of the cloud??

LOLZ

~

Edit: User was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post