By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray. 

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Wow. Was the difference that big O_O

Props to MS for changing course i guess? But i get the feeling this is ony because of the numbers and not out of response to the consumers. Do you think the damage is done though?

BenV you need to keep us updated on preorder numbers!!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

superchunk said:
BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Was this the news you were hearing yesterday? and the likely drastic difference in pre-orders is the final push for MS to change.

Partially.

The other part neither side will ever talk about.

BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Bad pre-orders?

Around the Network

This is likely the reason EA was already changing its tune on Nintendo from no support ever to next year support will be there.

Sony pre-E3 had already backed off of any major DRM change.
MS was likely already hinting at it or having early discussions about doing the same.

Now EA has no reason to blacklist Wii U and I'm sure we'll see the games next year. Good as I want to buy Battlefield 4 (I will if I see games upcoming for WiiU) and definitely Battlefront.

Shinobi-san said:
Wow. This should make all the xbox guys who have been saying these policies actually have a purpose to benefit gamers feel pretty stupid. I actually think it was ridiculous that people were defending the policies.

One major fuck up by MS and shame on the Xbox fans who didn't actively speak out against it.

Thanks god these policies have been changed. Win for gamers all around the world. I would imagine selling in other countries will be fine now?

They simply prooved that they are just as bad as any other fanboys... I find it funny how they allways tried to show some kind of superiority and became the most putrid of them all

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!