Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

Not going to happen. They will come out and say that the PS2 version of Fifa 14 can not run on the Wii U.

Around the Network

I decalre new abbreviation for Xbone be XB180.

Michael-5 said:
zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

I'm actually REALLY curious too.

They removed the online pass in upcoming games specifically because of XB One's policies, are they going to bring that back in?

EA cant do shit. MS and Sony have major pull when it comes to these things. Don't for a second think that the publishers forced this onto the platform manufacturers. Most of EA's profit comes from console sales. They won't risk that relationship.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Was this the news you were hearing yesterday? and the likely drastic difference in pre-orders is the final push for MS to change.

In order to not scatter the discussion on this subject, I will be locking this thread. Feel free to continue commenting on the topic here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=163016

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray. 

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Wow. Was the difference that big O_O

Props to MS for changing course i guess? But i get the feeling this is ony because of the numbers and not out of response to the consumers. Do you think the damage is done though?

BenV you need to keep us updated on preorder numbers!!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

superchunk said:
BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Was this the news you were hearing yesterday? and the likely drastic difference in pre-orders is the final push for MS to change.

Partially.

The other part neither side will ever talk about.

BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Bad pre-orders?