By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

M.U.G.E.N said:
zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

Contrary to popular belief..it was MS who approached third party pubs..not the other way around.

And they were happy with it (at least EA and Ubisoft according to CBOAT). I still believe there's a big chance of some 3rd parties doing DRM by their means.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
DarkTemplar said:
I am gland they are changing their DRM policy, it is still not perfect (in my opinion) but it is much better than it was before.

What's left of the bad policy? I don't see anything.

Only downside of all this is game sharing is gone digitally.

It's just that simple.

Busted said:
So, just like that everything is forgiven? what a joke people are, no wonder why these companies think masses are idiot.

So admiting the mistake is unforgiven? Unforgiven would be using this as to catch potential buyers and then implant DRM.

Your comment is nonsense, unless you're the kind of person that like to hold a grudge for too long. This are companies, what we're talking about. They don't care about consumer rights as long as they can make money: Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, Ea, and all them. This is a big move, a big change. It's something to be appreciated.

Wow, a complete U-turn. I'm still mad at them for trying it and thinking they would get away with it.

I am glad that MS has decided to drop their drm policies, though they should not have implemented them in the first place. Some damage has been done to the Xbox brand but in a year or two people will forget this ever happened.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Suke said:
Where does this leave Nintendo? lol :o

Nintendo is part of the next generation, so I guess in the same place as it is now?

Hey if they fail, they have plenty of money to go back to the drawing board lol XD

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Wow. This should make all the xbox guys who have been saying these policies actually have a purpose to benefit gamers feel pretty stupid. I actually think it was ridiculous that people were defending the policies.

One major fuck up by MS and shame on the Xbox fans who didn't actively speak out against it.

Thanks god these policies have been changed. Win for gamers all around the world. I would imagine selling in other countries will be fine now?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

osed125 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

Contrary to popular belief..it was MS who approached third party pubs..not the other way around.

And they were happy with it (at least EA and Ubisoft according to CBOAT). I still believe there's a big chance of some 3rd parties doing DRM by their means.

Yep some form of restriction might happen. My guess is DLC will be their method of countering used games. Either way I'm glad Sony didn't follow MS's route on DRM..worked out best for everyone cuz of it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I'm genuinely excited now.

Notice I removed my banter in my sig.

DRM is gone, Xbone is now a contender!

And what about the all powerful cloud that can only be used if you connected and authenticated all the time...????

-_-

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|