By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CONFIRMED: Xbox One drops restrictions and DRM

Another article trying to save face. Microsoft is not changing the infrastructure end of story. Xbox one will still sell so stop spreading ridiculous rumors.

Around the Network

The idea of sharing your games with up to ten people online sounds great but its still a bit ahead of its time.  Maybe they will impliment it sometime in the future.

Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Busted said:
So, just like that everything is forgiven? what a joke people are, no wonder why these companies think masses are idiot.

It seems like that, unfortunately. Heck, some are even trying to show that they are listening to the feedback. IF they cared about feedback they would have dropped these policies after the reveal. The actual reason is that they have seen some preorder numbers and it wasn't pretty.

Well at least MS now has a fighting chance and It might pull a GC and not DC

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Good! I found it funny than there were users than defended DRM.

zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

Not going to happen. They will come out and say that the PS2 version of Fifa 14 can not run on the Wii U.

Michael-5 said:
zippy said:
Ha ha what are EA gonna think about this? i look forward to Fifa 15 etc on my Wii U.

I'm actually REALLY curious too.

They removed the online pass in upcoming games specifically because of XB One's policies, are they going to bring that back in?

EA cant do shit. MS and Sony have major pull when it comes to these things. Don't for a second think that the publishers forced this onto the platform manufacturers. Most of EA's profit comes from console sales. They won't risk that relationship.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BenVTrigger said:
Numbers my friends.

Numbers don't lie.

Was this the news you were hearing yesterday? and the likely drastic difference in pre-orders is the final push for MS to change.

In order to not scatter the discussion on this subject, I will be locking this thread. Feel free to continue commenting on the topic here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=163016

Signature goes here!