By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The last of us not as good as once thought? (Graphics)

Uncharted 3 looked better to me, I prefer colourful and varied visuals over dirtier, more (for lack of a more forgiving term) monotonous ones.

From a technical point of view I think it just suffered from launching in the shadow of the PS4 and X1's beefier graphics. For a game running on circa 2006 hardware it's a remarkable achievement.

Around the Network

All games are a bit like that now. I thought Assassins Creed 3 looked worse than Revelations to be honest. I also though Gears Of War Judgement looked more aged than Gears 3. I don't think this is actually the case in both these cases necessarily I just think those other games I wasn't looking for things that broke the immersion as much. I can't wait for the XBO and PS4 release as they will provide a pretty significant boost to the visual experience

I've just proceeded 2 hours more into the game, and I've got to admit that I'm only more and more impressed. You could maybe say the game is somehow inconsistent in the graphics department, I'm now going to hit Lincoln and well the forests are just breathtaking, way better than the Chateau level in U3. I also adore the artistic design. How drastically environments differ from each other. Really it's a marvel.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Player1x3 said:

I havent experienced any technical difficulties while playing the game. And I was mostly adressing the ''visual downgrade'' stuff the OP mentioned. I, for an example, have never seen such a low res texture on Ellie's backpack while i was playing the game for 18.5 hours.  I know TLOU has its ups and downs on the technical side, but little to no games are polished to the tiniest thing. People will always cherry pick something.

And Uncharted 2? Cmon now, I've seen very few people say UC3 looks better, but UC2? Thats just grasping at straws by whomever said that.

i don't know I haven't played the game but given to many opinions it seems to be a wonderful game and I really miss something like that on 360. But still, there are people complaining and I just copied to what they said. I think it still looks very good.

walsufnir said:
Player1x3 said:

I havent experienced any technical difficulties while playing the game. And I was mostly adressing the ''visual downgrade'' stuff the OP mentioned. I, for an example, have never seen such a low res texture on Ellie's backpack while i was playing the game for 18.5 hours.  I know TLOU has its ups and downs on the technical side, but little to no games are polished to the tiniest thing. People will always cherry pick something.

And Uncharted 2? Cmon now, I've seen very few people say UC3 looks better, but UC2? Thats just grasping at straws by whomever said that.

i don't know I haven't played the game but given to many opinions it seems to be a wonderful game and I really miss something like that on 360. But still, there are people complaining and I just copied to what they said. I think it still looks very good.

It's the aesthetics and the game's artstlye where the graphics truly shine, the technical side is less impressive

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Player1x3 said:

This game is really good man, I'd say it's even worth it to pick up a cheap PS3 just to play this game if you don't already have one.

dahuman said:
walsufnir said:
Player1x3 said:

This game is really good man, I'd say it's even worth it to pick up a cheap PS3 just to play this game if you don't already have one.

I hope for a Gaikai-client for android :D

walsufnir said:
dahuman said:
walsufnir said:
Player1x3 said

yew, even if that happens, streamed looks like shit, I've tried OnLive and Gaikai before.

The enviroments look great and the world look amazing, it's just the problem with tonnes of jaggies around the place and some bland textures at times highlighting the PS3's age. I found that AA problems were only prominent in largely lit areas.

dahuman said:
walsufnir said:
dahuman said:
walsufnir said:
Player1x3 said

yew, even if that happens, streamed looks like shit, I've tried OnLive and Gaikai before.

I tried Mass Effect 3 on Gaikai and I didn't notice one artifact and the video was pretty clear... *shrugs shoulders*