By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The last of us not as good as once thought? (Graphics)

From what I've heard people are, surprisingly, more amazed with the gameplay and story than the graphics of The Last of Us. (Which is what more people should take into consideration when talking about GOTY.)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
I think the bullshots were a bit too much building unrealistic hype. still it looks impressive, though.

Could you provide us with those bullshots, please? Cause I see you talking about them again, and I don't remember any bullshots from Naughty Dog, so I'm curious.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
I think the bullshots were a bit too much building unrealistic hype. still it looks impressive, though.

Could you provide us with those bullshots, please? Cause I see you talking about them again, and I don't remember any bullshots from Naughty Dog, so I'm curious.

Generally almost all shots released before. No screens showed graphics like this:

I don't say they look bad but in no way as polished as they did before. The former shots never showed aliasing, bad textures or pixelated shadows.

Yeah, It definitely doesn't look as good as I thought it would. It doesn't even beat the highs set by Uncharted 2 and 3.

This gen has indeed lasted too long, Uncharted 2, a 2009 game, still has the best overall look and cleanness between the three.  TLOU is almost a gen behind some of the better looking PC games.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Running on 7 year old hardware, is to be expected.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

Generally almost all shots released before. No screens showed graphics like this:

I don't say they look bad but in no way as polished as they did before. The former shots never showed aliasing, bad textures or pixelated shadows.

I'm on mobile, will judge when I'm on PC

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

I'm on mobile, will judge when I'm on PC

Please go directly to digital foundry, they have bigger images I don't want to post here :)

The game still looks fantastic. The lack of next gen fidelity in no way diminishes the awesomeness of this game. After beating the game last night I'd have to say its even better than 'once thought.' Deserves 10/10 in every way.
Best game of this console generation hands down.

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

hmm

''before'' shot

the ugly ''after'' shot

Dat downgrade right?

It looks good for a PS3 game but its pretty bad compared to PC games which is where I've been at for the past year. I enjoy the game a lot but it looks like the cut scenes are prerendered and that is what people were expecting graphics wise while playing. Its definitely time for next Gen.