Purple said:
PS4 13m
3DS 10m
PS3 7m
X1 6.5m
Vita 6m
360 5.5m
Wii U 4m

I sincerely doubt WiiU will do worse next year than this, and the Vita won't sell that well either. And PS4 selling 13mil is too ridiculous to comprehend. No system aside from the Wii has come close to that in its first year. And the PS4 is no Wii. Half that number is more likely.

Really? Am I just reading this wrong or something?

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2?file=Sony_consoles_shipments.jpg

Yes. Yes you are. That shows it sold less than 10mil in its first year, not 13mil.

The console released holiday 2000. So 2001 is what we would be looking at. This thread is 2014 console sales. As in the year after the holiday that the console released. I think you just read the thread title wrong.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Conegamer said:
Purple said:
PS4 13m
3DS 10m
PS3 7m
X1 6.5m
Vita 6m
360 5.5m
Wii U 4m

I sincerely doubt WiiU will do worse next year than this, and the Vita won't sell that well either. And PS4 selling 13mil is too ridiculous to comprehend. No system aside from the Wii has come close to that in its first year. And the PS4 is no Wii. Half that number is more likely.

Really? Am I just reading this wrong or something?

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2?file=Sony_consoles_shipments.jpg

Yes. Yes you are. That shows it sold less than 10mil in its first year, not 13mil.

Nevermind. I was looking at the graph that shows 18 million shipped, not sold :P

3DS - 15 m
PS3 - 8 m
360 - 5m (?)
Wii U - LOL, no idea
PS4 - q0'948q30958402985w05984509804958q5infite!!!!!
One - zero

FrancisNobleman said:
3DS - 15 m
PS3 - 8 m
360 - 5m (?)
Wii U - LOL, no idea
PS4 - q0'948q30958402985w05984509804958q5infite!!!!!
One - zero

Zero is too cool for Xone, predict -1 for it.

3DS= 25 million

Wii U= 12 million

PS4= 10 million

XBOX One= 7 Million

360= 9 million

PS3= 13 million

DS= 1 million

Wii= 1.5 million

Vita= 5 million

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

What is everybodys predictions on console sales next year? Heres mine......

3DS-17.4m

Wii U-10.7m

PS3-9.6m

PS4-8.8m

360-7.9m

One-7.2m

Vita-5.1m

Your vita sales are Way too high. I think Wii U will sell at least 15M and Xone less than 5M.

I think Vita will get a nice turnaround, nothing amazing but it will improve. Price cut to $199 with a few big games leading into the holidays will give it a bit more momentum.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

3DS-17.4m

Wii U-10.7m

PS3-9.6m

PS4-8.8m

360-7.9m

One-7.2m

Vita-5.1m

Your vita sales are Way too high. I think Wii U will sell at least 15M and Xone less than 5M.

I think Vita will get a nice turnaround, nothing amazing but it will improve. Price cut to $199 with a few big games leading into the holidays will give it a bit more momentum.

sales in japan already returned to the same level before the price cut and sony's E3 showed they're not even trying. there's no big game coming so even a price cut won't help.

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

3DS-17.4m

Wii U-10.7m

PS3-9.6m

PS4-8.8m

360-7.9m

One-7.2m

Vita-5.1m

sales in japan already returned to the same level before the price cut and sony's E3 showed they're not even trying. there's no big game coming so even a price cut won't help.

It had a nice boost for a while, the thing Iis they didnt consistently release games to keep that momentum going. We still have TGS and Gamescon so theres hope.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think the release of Mario Kart and Smash Bros. alone, along with the possibility of them being able to finish and release Zelda U in late 2014, will raise the Wii U's hardware sales significantly. Also, just having a lot more games available for the console in general, such as Bayonetta 2, X, etc., would really help.

And when the FUCK is Square going to get off their asses and finally bring DQX to NA? You'd think they would have done it by now, especially considering that online/mmo type games are far more popular in the west than they are in Japan. DQ is a million selling franchise that has now sold even close to a million copies for DQX in Japan. It's been plenty of time now for them to localize it, set up NA servers, etc. So just fuckin' get it done already. Square needs to make money off of that game, and Wii U could absolutely use a solid online excursive like DQX in the western markets.

3DS 15m
Wii U 7.5m
PS3 6m
PS4 5m
360 4m
X1 3m
Vita 2.5m