By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2014 console sales

If PS4 is hard to find this holiday tis due to artificial demand created by Sony in order to increase demand for the product.

Around the Network
Purple said:
PS4 13m
3DS 10m
PS3 7m
X1 6.5m
Vita 6m
360 5.5m
Wii U 4m

I sincerely doubt WiiU will do worse next year than this, and the Vita won't sell that well either. And PS4 selling 13mil is too ridiculous to comprehend. No system aside from the Wii has come close to that in its first year. And the PS4 is no Wii. Half that number is more likely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Levi. even though Lawrence`s bl0g is incredible... on saturday I bought a top of the range Audi Quattro from bringing in $4133 this-past/four weeks and over $10,000 this past-munth. this is definitely my favourite job Ive had. I actually started 7-months ago and almost immediately startad making over $85, per-hour. I use this here great link,,BOW6.COM

ListerOfSmeg said:
3DS 17m
Wii U 10m
PS3 6.5m
PS4 4m
360 5.9m
X1 5m
Vita 2.9m
ListerOfSmeg said:
I think it's silly to suggest a console that will only be out for 3 months will outsell one that was out for 12 months. Last I heard it is not even launching globally so that will decrease sales also. You really expect PS4 to sale in the 10 million range over 3 months in limited regions? Yet other people are delusional...I am sure you had the same expectations of Vita before its launch and many Sony fans did the same thing in 2006 for PS3. Their last 2 launches didn't set any sales records, I see no indication that will change any time soon. PS2 days are long gone, time to stop holding on to them as if they are still relevant.

These predictions almost make less sense in the context of being for 2013.

For one, you expect the Wii U to do another 9.1 million this year, while only expecting another 2.6 million for the PS3.  That would mean the Wii U needs to go from being outsold 5.2:1 last week to outselling the PS3 3.5:1.  Considering 2 million by the end of August for the year would probably be generous, it will need to perform almost as well as the 2011 3DS to meet that number.  Actually, considering the 3DS did 2.63 million in Japan in that period, it might actually have to do better in the west.

Your comments for the PS4 seem odd when you were predicting 4 million.  That would almost certainly set some records if not for you expecting 5 million for the Xbox One.

PS4 - 6m
X1 - 8m
Vita - 4m
Wii U - 10m
PS3 - ~9m

Around the Network

3DS - 15 million
Wii U - 7 million
PS3 - 8 million
PS4 - 12 million
PSV - 5 million
360 - 6 million
One - 9 million

Sirius87 said:

3DS 14.2m

Wii U 5.3m

PS3 7.8m

PS4 11.3m

X360 6.4m

XOne 5.8m

Vita 5.3m

Wii 1.9m

PSP 3.0m

DS 0.6m

No idea if the following will be tracked by VGChartz:

Shield 1.2m

Ouya 0.1m

GameStick 0.3m

M.O.J.O. 0.7m

the hell is a mojo and why is it gonna sell 700.000?

Conegamer said:
Purple said:
PS4 13m
3DS 10m
PS3 7m
X1 6.5m
Vita 6m
360 5.5m
Wii U 4m

I sincerely doubt WiiU will do worse next year than this, and the Vita won't sell that well either. And PS4 selling 13mil is too ridiculous to comprehend. No system aside from the Wii has come close to that in its first year. And the PS4 is no Wii. Half that number is more likely.

Really? Am I just reading this wrong or something?

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2?file=Sony_consoles_shipments.jpg

zorg1000 said:

What is everybodys predictions on console sales next year? Heres mine......

3DS-17.4m

Wii U-10.7m

PS3-9.6m

PS4-8.8m

360-7.9m

One-7.2m

Vita-5.1m

Your vita sales are Way too high. I think Wii U will sell at least 15M and Xone less than 5M.

DucksUnlimited said:
Conegamer said:
Purple said:
PS4 13m
3DS 10m
PS3 7m
X1 6.5m
Vita 6m
360 5.5m
Wii U 4m

Really? Am I just reading this wrong or something?

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_2?file=Sony_consoles_shipments.jpg

Yes. Yes you are. That shows it sold less than 10mil in its first year, not 13mil.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.