By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which E3 Nintendo Wii U exclusive impressed you this year!!!

cannonballZ said:
Bayo 2
MK8
X (is this the official name of the game?)

I think it's a project name...they are still thinking of a clever name for it!!! lol

Around the Network
oni-link said:
osed125 said:

I've never been a huge fan of Mario Kart, so saying that MK8 looks great is actually a lot more than I have ever said about a MK game. 

I didn't liked Mario 3D Land, I have it on my 3DS (it came pre installed with the console) and I haven't finished it. Idk maybe because the game is on a handheld, but I find the game uninspiring. I hope 3D World has more gameplay mechanics and fresh ideas. And for the love of God remove that 3D Land style music. 

O I C, well I guess that means good things about this MK that even a non-MK fan thinks it looks good.  Anyways did you find 3D land too easy or are the level design lacking for your taste?  I thought the game was a throwback to SMB3 (though SMB3 was still better) but far from the worst mario which was Mario Sunshine (that game lacked the mario charm plus it forced you to replay a level over and over again)

Sunshine is the second best 3D Mario >.> Is better than Mario 64

The level designs didn't do much for me in 3D Land, I find them uninspiring. Some levels are fun, but they lack life. From what I've seen on 3D World there are some parts which look a lot better than 3D Land (the water dinosaur thing for example), but overall I don't like the game thus far. I do hope that 3D World has a big overworld like Sunshine and Mario 64 (or at the very least like Mario Galaxy 1) that will make this more a lot more appealing to me.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Wind Waker HD. It looks lovely and the graphics are perfectly polished with lots of soft bloom.

Now I already have 3 games that should make me buy a Wii U (Zelda WW HD, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin).

osed125 said:
oni-link said:
osed125 said:

I've never been a huge fan of Mario Kart, so saying that MK8 looks great is actually a lot more than I have ever said about a MK game. 

I didn't liked Mario 3D Land, I have it on my 3DS (it came pre installed with the console) and I haven't finished it. Idk maybe because the game is on a handheld, but I find the game uninspiring. I hope 3D World has more gameplay mechanics and fresh ideas. And for the love of God remove that 3D Land style music. 

O I C, well I guess that means good things about this MK that even a non-MK fan thinks it looks good.  Anyways did you find 3D land too easy or are the level design lacking for your taste?  I thought the game was a throwback to SMB3 (though SMB3 was still better) but far from the worst mario which was Mario Sunshine (that game lacked the mario charm plus it forced you to replay a level over and over again)

Sunshine is the second best 3D Mario >.> Is better than Mario 64

The level designs didn't do much for me in 3D Land, I find them uninspiring. Some levels are fun, but they lack life. From what I've seen on 3D World there are some parts which look a lot better than 3D Land (the water dinosaur thing for example), but overall I don't like the game thus far. I do hope that 3D World has a big overworld like Sunshine and Mario 64 (or at the very least like Mario Galaxy 1) that will make this more a lot more appealing to me.

osed...pls don't say that Mario Sunshine was an abomination!!! I'm glad Nintendo closed that chapter and burned the code for that game.  It made you REPLAY A LEVEL OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! I don't call that good game design.  Levels in 3D land could have been more challenging and unique but they were pretty interesting and great for small gaming breaks on the go.

Slimebeast said:
Wind Waker HD. It looks lovely and the graphics are perfectly polished with lots of soft bloom.

Now I already have 3 games that should make me buy a Wii U (Zelda WW HD, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin).

Wonderful 101...can't wait for that game.  Day one for me

Around the Network

Most impressed with MK8, but looking forward to WWHD and also the mini-gamepad games in WPartyU.
It was great to see that Art Academy is making its way to the home console, and the elusive W101.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

X and WWHD delivered exactly as hoped. B2 exceeded slightly with great visuals. MK really exceeded to the point of must-have. M3D disappointed in presentation but delivered in game play. I'll say MK was best of presentation simply because my expectations were low for it but it looks so good. X is my most wanted but it has been since January.

Nothing really.

Smash Bros mostly and oddly mostly due to Wii Fit Trainer. It was an unexpected surprise. Villager and Megaman are great additions but expected (Megaman is by far the most logical 3rd party character to add after Sonic). Would love to see Knuckles, Pac-Man (gotta have something Namco in there) and Bomberman as well as Shulk and a customizable Mii (limited so as not to be overpowered).

Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World look like fun, but I'd sooner get a 3DS to play their counterparts (and Smash) than a WiiU (or just keep playing my Wii games).

Don't care for Pikmin, DK (and haven't finished the Wii versions of their games) nor Bayonetta.

Love Xenoblade but don't care for Mechs so I'm lukewarm to the new X game but will keep an eye on it.

And I just started LoZ;WW so no interest in getting a HD remake. Looks fine as is.

oni-link said:
osed125 said:

X, Bayonetta 2 and W101.

Mario Kart 8 looks great, but it din't impressed me. Still extremely disappointed about 3D Mario.

MarioKart 8, actually got my blood pumping more than X or Bayo.  The game looked smooth like butter and it looked better than any kart racer out there on the market at the moment.  The anti-grav is sweet not to mention 12 player online that's FREE!!!

On another note, why are people so bummed out over Mario 3D World?  Granted it had 3D land as it's inspiration (one of the better mario's for me, though the original galaxy was the best for me) the game looks beautiful in HD filled with little Nintendo touches.  The 4-player is a refreshing change though purist might be annoyed by this addition.  It's a full 3D Mario in HD and it's sure to be a blast!!!

This sums it up for me. Mario Kart 8 was an absolute show-stopper. If it wasn't for Metal Gear Solid V, I would name MK8 best in show.

I'm excited about Mario 3D World, too. The 3DS original is one of the best games on that system, and I look forward to some of the new features and mechanics. Can't wait to assemble a crack squad of friends to blast through those levels :)

X looks really good! I'll buy Mario kart also!