By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATLUS in problems? Is it the end of the company?!

Tagged games:

Xen said:
outlawauron said:
Xen said:
Otakumegane said:
So some possible scenarios if Atlus gets sold off.

Atlus goes to Namco, Sony or Nintendo?

I'm leaning more towards Namco, but Sony could really use an in-house JRPG dev.

Out of those three?

Nintendo, I bet.

That is the least most likely one of the three, imo.

Whatever do you mean? ^^
(Yes: I also don't see it happening, but if it were, Ninty would be the one)

I just don't think they would. They're not big on acquiring developers or teams and they already mismanage Monolith Soft enough to make me sick.

Namco has JRPG studios, but Tales and Atlus products are nothing alike. I also think that Atlus is big enough to do a merger rather than an acquisition.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

qiuck!! Sony or Nintendo buy Atlus's Shin Megami Tensei series!!!

I do hope everything works out for Atlus...they're one of my favorite devs :(

That reminds me..I really want a new 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Buy them Nintendo!

Damn. I gotta get those Etrian Odyssey games then. I love dungeon crawlers.

Around the Network

nintendo could buy them just to make sure fire emblem x shin magai tensei see's the light of day

Sony will scoop them up, no doubt.

kupomogli said:

Index Holdings has high ranking officials that are stealing money through illegal activities such as dummy corporations and false profits? So like most companies, then?

darkknightkryta said:
Aren't they just caught with a scandal where people are pocketing money? Why are they in financial ruin?

Because apparently if there's no proof to how much someone in a company stole.  While they can prove the person or people did embezzle the money from the company, they can't prove who took exactly how much so the company is screwed.  These people might get a five years sentence.  If they manage not to get butt raped in prison, then it was worth it.  If they can prove this amount of money was stolen by one specific person and  it's in an available location, then they can sue and get the amount of money that they can prove was stolen only.

All these stupid criminals getting arrested for armed robbery.  Just work your way up in the ranks and then embezzle money while hiding the fact that any is missing for years.  By the time they find out, take your short prison sentence.  You'll make more money and be off with less of a sentence than robbery.

Fair enough, but unless it's a bankrupting sum that was stolen, why are they in trouble?  People will get sent to jail, others will take their place.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

I just don't think they would. They're not big on acquiring developers or teams and they already mismanage Monolith Soft enough to make me sick.

Namco has JRPG studios, but Tales and Atlus products are nothing alike. I also think that Atlus is big enough to do a merger rather than an acquisition.

...and that mismanagement would be that they release games on a Nintendo platform?

No. They're mismanaged in the same way that Team Ico is mismanaged by Sony. They make great games and they hardly put anything out. They've only made two Wii games (which one NA didn't even get and the other took prodding and prying) and helped on SRT games with Namco + Soma Bringer. They could be far bigger than are, but they're forced to have fewer projects than they should and the games they make are very rarely if ever promoted by Nintendo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Not my fault, I own CATHERINE, PERSONA 4 THE GOLDEN, PERSONA 3 DIGITAL (PS2 Classic on PS3) and Demon´s souls, I have done my part to keep them half, it is time you guys do somethin =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.