By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ATLUS in problems? Is it the end of the company?!

Tagged games:

Nem said:

Its for the Wii U, just in case you're thinking of getting it on the 3DS. ^^

I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR ALL THOSE CONSOLES D: *Cries*.

That is a nice incentive to buy a WiiU, however!

Around the Network
Ostro said:
Acclaim, THQ, now Atlus
Way to take away all the companies I liked. Yes, I have a weird taste and don't dive into all the AAA madness.

I miss Shadowman.

Aren't they just caught with a scandal where people are pocketing money? Why are they in financial ruin?

any chance for snowboard kids 3?

Index Holdings has high ranking officials that are stealing money through illegal activities such as dummy corporations and false profits? So like most companies, then?

darkknightkryta said:
Aren't they just caught with a scandal where people are pocketing money? Why are they in financial ruin?

Because apparently if there's no proof to how much someone in a company stole.  While they can prove the person or people did embezzle the money from the company, they can't prove who took exactly how much so the company is screwed.  These people might get a five years sentence.  If they manage not to get butt raped in prison, then it was worth it.  If they can prove this amount of money was stolen by one specific person and  it's in an available location, then they can sue and get the amount of money that they can prove was stolen only.

All these stupid criminals getting arrested for armed robbery.  Just work your way up in the ranks and then embezzle money while hiding the fact that any is missing for years.  By the time they find out, take your short prison sentence.  You'll make more money and be off with less of a sentence than robbery.

Around the Network

Please don't let anything bad happen to Atlus...

Is there any history in Japan where a company closed because their higher ups did some mumbo-jumbo with their stocks? Or is it the usual "its the CEO fault and resign, honor/sacrifice" kind of thing that usually happens when scandal takes place?

Yeah, as others have said, the parent's trouble is not necessarily the child's trouble (though it could be, depending on how things fall out)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So some possible scenarios if Atlus gets sold off.

Atlus goes to Namco, Sony or Nintendo?

I'm leaning more towards Namco, but Sony could really use an in-house JRPG dev.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
So some possible scenarios if Atlus gets sold off.

Atlus goes to Namco, Sony or Nintendo?

I'm leaning more towards Namco, but Sony could really use an in-house JRPG dev.

Out of those three?

Nintendo, I bet.