Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

@ mike_intellivision
Tie-ins, casual games and sports games tend to be simple, generic and unimaginative and are spewed forth with depressing regularity to turn a quick buck from an undiscerning public. They are more than deserving of scorn.

@ plzdontbanme
The list is based on the MCV top 50.

@ LordTheNightKnight
Kane & Lynch wasn't in the MCV top 50.

@ people that can't distinguish between an opinion and a critique
Just because you enjoy something, that doesn't make it good.

@ PDF
You mean pre-GTA 3.

GTA games are over-rated, I mean there not bad games, just that they get much more hype/attention than they deserbe. GTA is just for casual gamers who want to be hardcore.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

^yeah i know what you mean but it was the first really awesome free roaming game thats why it got its hype

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

GTA 1 and 2 is are miles better and more fun than 3 and onwards imo.

Around the Network

The success of a game is determined by it's sales and not by individual taste.
Good game=good sales, bad game=no sales (by userbase).

^
Well, there are those who maintain that the more mediocre a product is, the more it sells. Since the average taste is mediocre, this could actually be quite the alltruism since a mediocre product will appeal to the broadest base of people.
Sounds silly, but think about it! (Think Harry Potter... )

Cooking mama at number 10 WTF, I play that game all the time. It's a perfect game because it's one where you have to keep challenging yourself, like racing your shadow on mariokart. It has infinate replayability.

I disagree with Wiiplay. It's a tie in game that's great 2 player vs.

Also disagree with Mario Party... somewhat 8 sucks, but he doesn't get why any mario party sells when 1-7 were all sorts of fun.

I agree on the rest of the games... cept Pro Evo and Cooking Mama.  Haven't played those to say. 

Really honestly it sounds like this guy had an article due and no ideas on what to right... and he just decided to pick on things he doesnt' like. Casual gaming, movie tie ins and lame sports games.

Any game where you can sit down, boot up and have instant fun in those dreaded slow hours is a good game imo!