By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - top 10 games that don't deserve success

no halo ? the list phailz !

Around the Network

The other thing with wii-play, its a free game you get with a wii-mote. Fair enough if you had to pay full retail.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
The other thing with wii-play, its a free game you get with a wii-mote. Fair enough if you had to pay full retail.

It isn't free. A wiimote with wiiplay costs more (albeit not that much) than a wiimote by itself.

I know that this has been mentioned, but I felt it was worth addressing again.

"I have Wii Play. And I'm sure you do too, if you own a Wii. And yet I've haven't even played it once. I've never even taken the disc out of the box. Why? Because it comes free with a Wii Remote."

What an idiot, first he says that the game is the worst on the list then tells us that he has not even played it once. I agree the game is not SMG, but it is worth the $10 that it costs to own it. I have paid $40-$50 for games that were a lot worse then Wii Play I can tell you that.

Second, this fool said he only bought the game for the remote. Is he an absolute idiot or does he think that it was smart to pay $10 more for a remote he could have bought by itself. After reading this, the list has no credibility coming from this retard.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

This list definitely sounds like it was made by some 12 year old kid. No sucessful bad games before the PS2? Huh?

OT I like Mario Part 8, not sure why it gets bashed so much. Cooking Mama is pretty bad, but I could come up with a whole slew of other games that should make the list before it does. (Where is Madden?)

And I think Wii Play is kind of lame to throw on there. Wii play is meant as a second controller with what is basically a tech demo compilation to get you used to the wii remote. Its not purchased for its depth or replayability.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network
dp666 said:
The success of a game is determined by it's sales and not by individual taste.
Good game=good sales, bad game=no sales (by userbase).

Ico and Shadow of the Collosus were good games, but nobody played them.

You cannot say that other people's opinions do not matter, it's just certain games only appeal to a small comunity, but that does not mean they are bad

I agree with the list,i think that that the simpsons game does deserve success though,for once there was a decent movie/tv video game

I recently bought Wii Play as a standalone game, so I have to disagree with it not deserving its success.
If you find it boring, just try getting above 13 in laser hockey, or getting all the way through tanks without dying, or getting a perfect score in Charge. The only game I don't enjoy in there is the ping pong rallying, and really, I have Wii sports if I want a better version of that, so I'll just play the other 8 games and not worry about it.
The shooting game may not be duckhunt, but it's still fun, and pretty much every game STARTS easy, but gets progressively more challenging as you go along.
Plus, it's fun for multiplayer too. Billiards, airhockey, shooting, and find mii are all fun to compete in, and Tanks offers a semi compete/semi coop mode that is a great deal of fun.
For all those people saying "oh, it's the Wiimote selling, not the game!" Maybe you should consider the fact that there are standalone wiimotes being sold all over the place. If people didn't at least want the game a little, they could just BUY the wiimote by itself. So quit deluding yourselves into thinking the game shouldn't be selling well. When you buy it with the Wiimote, you're essentially getting the game for $10. For $10, Wii Play is an INCREDIBLE game, and sales are merely reflecting that.
Why can't people get that the basic equation for sales is not (How Good game is) = (how good sales are) but (but good game is)/(price) = (how good sales are) Wii Play just happens to be at a pricepoint well below what its quality and fun factor warrant, thus sales are proportionately higher.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Yeah I agree with Transformers and WWE Smackdown but the rest I don't completely agree.

I agree with all but Wii Play, i dont think it should be included in the highest selling game list because its kinda unfair but you get more than £5 worth of gaming from it, tanks in 2 player is ridiculously addictive and the rest ar also fun.